Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Weigh Down

1. NancyN
    NancyN
    Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the Weigh Down Diet? I'm sure Gwen wouldn't approve of WLS, but otherwise, I think it would make an awesome Journey.
  2. jodib
    jodib
    I haven't heard of that. What is it?
  3. NancyN
    NancyN
    Bottom line, eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full. But the empty hole you're trying to fill with food is the one you should be filling with God. Lots of scripture, really focusing on your relationship with God. Stop worshiping food. She can get a little over the top sometimes, but the basics are great. There is no "diet", it is really about listening to your body, when you're stomach needs fed, feed it, but when your soul needs fed, go to God. Learn the difference. Sadly, my stomach no longer knows what "satisfied" is, that's why I'm having most of it removed. After that, I will only fill it when needed, and get back to a solid relationship with God to help with any head hunger.
  4. cal
    cal
    i thought the book was pretty ,good---focused on the bible etc.but then i read she left her church,started her own with her as leader and
    really got deceived in many areas. it made me sad.

cal
  5. Small Car
    Small Car
    I did it many years ago with my women in my church. I did very well. Then I quit smoking and went through menopause and I weighed up.
  6. Sleeveless in Seattle
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    I read the book, kinda interesting but when I heard she made the program for profit and wasn't really a true believer of it herself it bothered me enough that I don't want anything to do with it.