Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

3 month anniversary progress

1. abcd1234
    abcd1234
    I feel like i'm doing well. I might be losing a little bit slower than others, but down 42 pounds since the day of surgery and 54 overall. I'm feeling wonderful! I've started training for my first 5K in October. I can eat pretty much anything I want with no ill effects. None of my pants fit anymore and my shirts are getting a little ridiculous too. When this process started I had figured I would shop at 50 pounds weight loss, but I think deep down I thought I would never get there like all of the diets before! Now that I'm here, I realize how much more I want to lose! I started at 22/24 pants and am down to an 18. I'm starting to really grasp the changes that are happening and can't imagine what my goal weight will feel like!
  2. elisamae
    elisamae
    Linnegal,

I just bought new pants, but only after mine slid down at church. I do understand the fear of failure. It is funny, but I do not notice how much smaller I am, even though now with the 10 pound pre-op weight loss, I have lost 60 pounds. I am losing at the "expected rate", or so my doctor assures me. It has slowed a bit, even with the exercise, and my doctor says at my age, the weight loss on 800 calories will stabilize at 10-11 pounds per month. I am thrilled.
    I am amazed and proud of you for taking on a 5k! Good job!!
  3. dakotagirl97
    dakotagirl97
    I am down 53 lbs. from size 22/24 pants to size 16 and medium t-shirts. Can wait to get down another 50
  4. MissSparkie
    MissSparkie
    HI, I am down 47 pound since surgery. Last week, I went and bought me some size 12 pants, due to I had to keep pulling up my 16W/18 pants and it drove my husband crazy.
  5. Homefuzz
    Homefuzz
    Today is exactly 3 months since my surgery. At the time of my first appointment, I was 313 pound, size 42 pants. On the day of my surgery I was 290 pounds, size 40 pants. Today, I am 219 pounds, size 35/36 pants. I spent all day yesterday at the Labor Day sales taking advantage of the 40% off sales and being able to buy clothes off the rack at some of my favorite stores! I spent a fortune, but was so happy doing it. I go on the 17th for my blood work follow-up, and I think my doctor is going to be very happy with my results. I will be sure to post an update.

I must say that my experience with this journey has been a little different than most others, but I am thrilled with the results. I can eat a varying amount of food depending on the density. 2-3 oz of my quest protein bars can be tough, but 8 oz of yogurt or cottage cheese is no problem. Over the weekend I had probably 4 oz of filet and some broccoli for a birthday dinner for my brother in law -- but I read others saying they can never consume this much food. I have only had one bad reaction, and that was to some punch that my family served at a 4th of July picinic that I think was just a little too sweet -- other than that, pretty much smooth sailing. I wish everyone continued success with their experiences and I hope that I continue down my path as I have been.
  6. whodatgirl
    whodatgirl
    Wow! Y'all are all doing so well. I'm losing slower than most of you, but I'm still headed in the right direction. I lost 30 pounds on the pre-op, had the surgery on June 6, and I've lost 38 since then. I know that my alcohol consumption is what has slowed me down, so I'm trying to limit that to one night a week, and that has helped a lot. I've had no trouble at all. I haven't tried beef yet, but everything else is going down just fine.
  7. Zewski1602
    Zewski1602
    I am so proud of all of us! I am down 37 lbs (still a week to go for my official 3 mth anniversary) Also - remember some of you who are hard on yourself and saying you are losing slowly.... a lot of people who lose a lot of weight in a short time had more to lose. Just different that's all! Some weighing 300lbs will lose more quickly than someone beginning at 200lbs. Keep it up people!
  8. coolgsleadr
    coolgsleadr
    Hi everyone! You are all doing so great. I am two weeks shy of 3 months and I have lost 61 lbs. I started at a 3 or 4 XL and just bought my first new clothing and it was an XL. I am just about through all of the pants I saved for that "someday I lose it" stages. The shirts are a little slower to go down. My daughter keeps telling me to stop wearing certain clothes to work because they are "huge" she says. But they don't feel any different to me. I also cannot see any of the lossed weight. Keep up the GREAT work!!
  9. soleil
    soleil
    Today was my 3 month anniversary! It seems like I'm about where everyone else is. I'm down 57lbs overall and 38lbs since surgery. Feeling great! Today I got into a 16 jean but for the most part I'm in an 18 pant and M or L top, down from a 22. My weight loss has slowed a lot in recent weeks but people are definitely noticing and commenting. :-)
  10. abcd1234
    abcd1234
    Actually had my 3 month appointment today and that doctor was pleased with my progress, but did talk about the 6 month point being where we may see a slow down in weight loss. He said maybe up to 9 months, but the next 3 months we should really focus. He was very encouraging and I left feel good about myself and the progress that i've made. Also, said that my calorie goal should be 1000 unless i'm running (I'm trying to prepare for my first 5K). Has anyone else heard anything similar?
  11. twnsn2000
    twnsn2000
    linnegal we are on the same track. I'm down 49 since surgery and 74 overall. Went from 22/24 to an 18. Went to an appointment to see mt nutritionist yesterday. She said I was doing very well and to keep up the good work.
  12. donn
    donn
    Today is 10 weeks Post op and had my 8 week doctors follow up yesterday. Stepped on the scale and I have officially lost 65 lbs. but what brought me to tears was the fact my blood pressure has gone from pre op 160/135 to 112/84. No longer a stroke heart attack risk. Doctor told me to get back in the gym or where ever I need to, to get my heart rate above 150 for 30 minutes everyday. So so happy I had the sleeve. Goal is to lose another 60 before December doctors visit. Very Happy and wishing everyone here the passion and drive to continue to our goals and to blow them up. Still ZERO Cheats No Breads, No Starches, and No Sweets.
  13. lakegirl
    lakegirl
    You guys give me inspiration! Thank you.
    Been at a horrible stall for last 24 days and its really getting to me this week. I keep trying to tell myself to remember how far I've come. It may be slow, but I'm at a weight I haven't been at in years. Have lost a total of 53 lbs since pre-op. Gone from a tight size 20 pant to a 16 and tight size 20 top to a size XL. Feels wonderful to shop at a regular store now instead of the plus size section.
    I need to come on here a little more often for the inspiration and focus you all provide. Going to dr. tomorrow morning for my 3mos follow up and I'm very nervous for my weigh-in. I'm only down 4lbs since the last visit-uhg! Have upped my protein and getting some exercise in too. Dealing with a lot of cravings at night? Anyone else dealing with cravings/head hunger???? Drives me nuts.