Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Measurements not lbs

1. Rootzy
    Rootzy
    I just posted this in the forum.

I have really been struggling with the number on the scale. I lost quick the first week of pre-op and then not this week. I got scared because this will be similar to how I eat once I have surgery and resume foods right? This week..... NOT ONE LB. But... I did measurements a few weeks ago so in my frustration, I went to the measuring tape. I am down a total of 7 1/4 inches so I feel much better. I started to have feelings like maybe my body wont respond. blah blah blah.

I put it here to elaborate. These thoughts are from Satan and I rebuke them. Lord, I know this is your plan for me and I must fully endorse the positive thinking that aligns me with you. THank you Father.
  2. mlrisser
    mlrisser
    Amen sister! The stalls are hard! I stalled for about 4 weeks and it was so incredible long! The thoughts that crept in were right along those same lines. But I too turned to the measuring tape and low and behold! I was losing inches. I wish I'd measured before surgery, but I was a 22/24 and now I'm a 12/14 and that's the most amazing thing! Officially today I've lost 87lbs and I feel incredible! Glory to God in the highest!
  3. rjacobs319
    rjacobs319
    I going to measure today. Thanks
  4. Rootzy
    Rootzy
    COngrats on your weight loss!!!! That is awesome! I cant wait to really start losing
  5. Kiki43
    Kiki43
    Rootzy- I got sleeved 3/24. I too get discouraged about the number on the scales. In the pre-op classes required by my surgeon & hospital, they stressed NOT TO BE A SLAVE TO THE SCALES. After the 3rd week I hit my first "stall" on the scales & the number didn't change for 5 days. Each morning I would jump on the scales thinking surely I would lose a pound today. When it didn't move, I was so discouraged thinking even this surgery is not going to help me. The God spoke to me through this verse:
    Jeremiah 29:11-13
    11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I know that God has been with me thru this entire journey because I have a BMI less than 40 with really no co-morbidities, but yet my insurance co still approved me @ 100% covered! I have finally let go of the "number on the scale" and only weigh myself once a month now. I am happy with my weight loss progress (as is my surgeon) but most importantly I FEEL so much better. Each week my clothes are looser & I can fit into something new I couldn't get into the week before. So the number on the scale is just that, a number. Thank you Jesus for this tool to help me and all the others become healthier and more fit for Your Glory!