Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Purchased all the wrong products, I need some help!

1. Jospugjake
    Jospugjake
    I am eager for my surgery and want to do everything in my power to be prepared. I purchased protein shakes/whey protein and I was off. I need all of YOU to help me with the names of the products you use for pre-op dieting & post-op dieting. I am looking for things that are tasty (I know, lol), easy to prepare ( always on the go, work, travel, etc...), and easily accessible (GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc...).

Everything I purchased today the nutritionist said I should return except for one item that makes the cut. Her general rule to me was 20g of protein, with no more than 5g of fat, and 5g of carbohydrate.

Lastly, I want to avoid sagging skin. Best products?

TY for any and all advice/suggestions!!!
  2. tmo1973
    tmo1973
    I like the Premier Protein shakes from Costco/Sam's. They come in vanilla & chocolate, although I preferred the chocolate more AFTER surgery. Unjury makes a line of protein powder that is also very good, but you have to order it online. You can actually order a starter kit that gives you a couple packets of each flavor they make: UNJURY Medical Quality Protein. Bariatric Choice is another good source, and they will send you a couple free samples if you request a catalog: Catalog Request. Good luck on your journey!
  3. tdl0975
    tdl0975
    The ONLY protein shake powder I used was Syntha 6 It comes in vanilla ice cream flavor 1 canister lasted me all for 3 wks and cost about $30 at Vitamin World or GNC which I would mix in my blender with milk, pineaple (just a few) ice and have a very delicious high proteing shake. NO After taste!! I also hear the Syntha Choc is very scrumptious. I used vanilla cause you could kinda do a variety with it. I would also mix with dole frozen strawberries/bannana again just a few and mix with milk and ice and yummy !!! I actually looked foward to having them. Good luck on your journey!!
  4. Namaste
    Namaste
    I overbought - Unjury flavorless protein powder, I don't use it & have a ton of it. Anyone interested In buying for cheap, let me know. I use the Premier Protein Chocolate shakes from Sams Club or Costco. They're excellent. Low carb & 30 grams of protein. Good luck! Roberta
  5. mwilson05
    mwilson05
    I would not but alot of anything! Your tastes can change after surgery. I use premier also. 30g of rote in also try isopure from gnc can add a little flavor to ur drink!
  6. Tonia
    Tonia
    I use the Premier Protein from Sams and my nutritionist said that even though it says it has 30 grams of protein your body only absorbs about 25% of it. She said the best thing to get would be the protein that you can buy from your bariatric surgeon. They are made especially for bariatric patients and your body absorbs more.
  7. GoLizzyGo
    GoLizzyGo
    I take Centrum flavor burst multi vitamins, Calcium chews (can't think of the name brand), and Be-autiful acai berry chewies from GNC for extra biotin and collagen ~ all will help your skin and hair.

For loose, sagging skin try using Palmer's cocoa butter. I use the kind that comes in a tub. I rub it into my incision scars and then I also massage BioOil onto my stomach, thighs, and butt. Both products smell sooo good! I'm prone to stretch marks and cellulite so I'm trying to prevent while also treat what I already have. Consistency is key. It takes several months to see the payoff. Good luck! Also, wear compression garments (like spanx for your upper body and thighs when you can) I hear it helps with less saggy skin.
  8. GoLizzyGo
    GoLizzyGo
    Oh, I forgot, for protein I drink the premixed shakes EAS advantedge carb control in chocolate and french vanilla. I get them at Sam's Club but I've seen them elsewhere too. I like blending coffee or mixed berries into them for variety but they're nice plain as well.
  9. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    to help fight saggy skin, lift weights. u will not get buff like a bodybuilder. I had a significant weight loss before w/ diet and exercise and my skin didn't sag.
  10. Ownit2013
    Ownit2013
    I have not had surgery yet but, I am stocking up on small containers of protein powders in different flavors. EAS carb control is good and sold at many stores. Premier Protein shakes are great, best price I have found on them is at Sam's/Costco. I like trying them now to see how my body will react (I know it could possibly change) but, if I tolerate them now then maybe it will be ok after surgery?

Good Luck!
  11. shanna1001
    shanna1001
    Just like everyone else, I bought the EAS ready-to-go protein shakes (choco and vanilla) at Sams. From Amazon, I got Syntha 6 - just to mix things up a little and not always use the same kind- as well as the unflavored Isopure tub, but I haven't tried that one yet. Figured I could use that with some of the frozen fruit I got at Sams. For while I'm at work, I got Syntrax Nectar Grab-n-Go Lemon Iced Tea for my water. To mix all these smoothies, I bought the Ninja Master Prep blender/food processor. Works great!
  12. kmvalade
    kmvalade
    I'm still trying to figure out what vitamins, minerals I need. I see the doc this tuesday so i'm sure he will go over it. I bought a bunch of premiere protein chocolate and strawberry from sams. it is only 1.32 a drink. (of course I just bought a 4 pace first to see if i liked it) it is amazingly good. something I will keep in my diet for a long time.
  13. rereb
    rereb
    I'm pre surgery. I've been using the nectar brand protein powders. I bought a berry one and a peach one. I mix them with some fruit to thicken it up for a delicious treat. Also the GNC total lean RTD shakes in vanilla bean and chocolate. For the week after surgery, my clear protein of choice is Isopure. 40 grams of protein. Vitamin shoppe had a better price than GNC. Also found some broths in tortilla soup flavor and Italian soup flavor to sip. I hope this helps!