Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Grrr! Why am I not losing weight?????!!

1. Delana
    Delana
    OK I am really starting to get irritated! I had my surgery a month ago and I have not lost any weight in 2 weeks!!! I have not gained either which is good. I feel great but what am I doing wrong???! I started to exercise more and I get in all my fluids and protein. I am trying to stay away from this stupid scale but it so DAMN HARD!!!! Sorry guys, just frustrated! Anyone out there in the same boat or can give me some advice!
  2. bnichole81
    bnichole81
    I am still a week away from surgery, so I haven't been in your place, yet. However, other posts I have seen on this issue suggest that stalls are normal. Your body is trying to adjust to what has happened and trying to regulate. People have stated that you are still losing inches, even though the scale hasn't moved. You can try an up your protein for a couple of days and shake your body up and force it into losing mode again. There is a Facebook group called Gastric Sleeve Journey, and this has been a topic several times. Good Luck in your Journey.
  3. healedheart
    healedheart
    That is not uncommon....especially if you were required by insurance to lose a certain amount before surgery. It will happen. Stay away from the scale. I weighed very little early on. Keep smiling...you will be skinnier before you know it! One day at a time!
  4. fleiniebop1
    fleiniebop1
    Hi there.. i am 12 weeks out.. started at 372 and am now 299.. i also stalled week one to abbout 3 and then it dropped then stalled. Your body is just adapting to changes.. and ionly wt every Saturday. . The scale can make you crazy.. remember u own it.. it does not own you!...
  5. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    I am 4 weeks out and decided I have to give up weighing except once a week - it is way to easy to obsess. I think I loose the less weight when I don't drink enough fluids. So make sure and check your water intake! I am really dreading a stall (which I know will happen because it is totally normal) I am telling myself I won't freak out - but I know I will panic a little too! But we are all good and this is an exciting journey we are on! I started 319 and am down to 275... I have't weighed that in a good 15 years!
  6. MizSaydee
    MizSaydee
    I am 4 days post op and haven't lost weight..but I'm slimmer if that makes sense. So, we're still losing fat. I'm still trying to get in all my water I need for the day. From what I understand stalls are normal though. Our bodies are going through a huge change.
  7. lissap
    lissap
    I so glad I read this I am on a stall this week and have been trying to figure out why. I know I have to stop weighing myself everyday, plus I am pms ing. I am happy to hear its a stall and it will pass. I feel great and so glad I did this for myself.
  8. Misse28
    Misse28
    I had a 2 or 3 week weight stall around my 3rd week post op. It happens don't worry. Just boost your calorie intake up once or twice and that should jump start your weight loss again. Good luck!! Remember some of us lose weight much slower than others.