Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Vacation planning?

1. Kimpossible318
    Kimpossible318
    Does anyone have any upcoming vacation plans? Do you have a strategy for handling eating while on vacation?
  2. Kimpossible318
    Kimpossible318
    I can go first...lol. The Fall and Winter are when I travel the most. I will be sleeved on 9/16. In early Nov I will go to Chicago for a business/family trip, then Vegas for Thanksgiving, then visiting a friend in Greenville,SC in early December, then back to Chicago for Christmas and then a 9 day vacation beginning in Miami and cruising to San Juan, St Kitts, and St. Maarten. I read somewhere that if all else fails order the soup. I plan on eating a lot of soup lol.
  3. chellebelle
    chellebelle
    I am just starting this process, I haven't considered vacations. My husband and I go on many mini vacations throughout the year.
    Vacation is when you try new restaurants and new foods! I guess I'll be ordering the soup too. It's starting to amaze me just how much this surgery will change my life, it's exciting and terrifying at the same time. Thanks for the post!
  4. judge52
    judge52
    My wife and I love cruising (15 so far) and I am somewhat worried about all the food. I will be sleeve on Oct2 and planning a 14 day cruise in April. By then I will be 6 months out. And plan on eating soup and appetizers or part of the entree. Carring protein powder to supplement protein. Fortunately the novelty of eating and the buffets has worn off.
  5. mstill
    mstill
    I have not planned anything yet... but we avoid places with lots of walking now due to the fact that it kills me to walk around all day. So, I am very excited to take my kids to different places that we have avoided in the past. Kimpossible318, I live about two hours from Greenville, small world, lol!
  6. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    I do at least 2 family trips every year, spring break and summer break. I am going to do the same thing on spring break, indoor waterpark (yes I was still having fun over 300lbs and wore a bathing suit). Maybe this time I can fit in the tubing on the lazy river (I usually just hold onto one).