Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Liquid Diet

1. ximmia
    ximmia
    Okay, so I'm on day 2 of my liquid diet and I have to say I'm not having the trouble I thought I would. Yesterday afternoon was difficult, probably because I had my two jello snacks during the work day. Today I brought my yogurt for mid-afternoon and I'll have the jello after dinner tonight.

Dinner time is hard because people are cooking, but I thought that by now I'd be crying. I thought I would miss food a lot more. I could have easily eaten my daily 800 calorie's in just one meal a couple of days ago (and in fact I think I did).

How was your experience with the liquid diet at our starting weight?
  2. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    Okay - I personally thought it was really, really hard! I had to do 2 weeks before surgery and I cheated a little the first week but was too scared to cheat any the second. A few days were okay - but most of them were tough. AFTER surgery is a whole new ball game. The first week it was a struggle just trying to get enough liquids in - didn't even think about solid foods. After that I had moments - not stomach hungry - but mouth hungry - I am craving crunchy and chewy things (of course) I am on week 4 post op and into pureed foods - sounds gross - but trust me after 5 weeks of liquids I am giddy about eating it! So hang in there - it is hard - but will all be worht it when we can fit in standard clothes and not have to check chairs out for structural integrity before we sit on them!
  3. journee2me
    journee2me
    I had no cravings for food and even 9 mths.out.i.still have to remind myself to eat.. I only a week.of liquids... And did only liqids a nute before syrgry...it gets betta...congrats...