Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

This is great!!! Thank you!!

1. mama2four
    mama2four
    I was just wondering if there was a group, or even just a few posts, on here that addressed our special situation! I'm so glad that you started this even if it turns out that there are only a few of us. Lol! My starting weight was 201lbs. I am only 2 days out, so it is still 201lbs. I didn't want to sound rude by asking some of the people who started off quite a bit heavier if they knew of anyone else who was close to my weight when they started. I can only assume that weight loss may be slower, or slow down, more quickly for us. But, that is just an assumption based on past experiences. My ultimate goal would be to get to 125lbs. However, if I could get to 135lbs, I would be a happy camper! I am only 5'2". I would love it if we could get some feedback on the hurdles and successes of people like us needing to lose only 50-80lbs roughly. Thanks again!! - Robin
  2. hopingforchange
    hopingforchange
    There's quite a few of us! I haven't been sleeved and am waiting but hope to get more input from the lower BMI'ers!
  3. jane_vsg_ayla
    jane_vsg_ayla
    I have gotten this question a lot and put a lot of thought into my answers. A couple of times here in the forums. There are definitely very good reasons for some people with "only" 50-80 pounds to do this! Thanks for starting the group!
  4. hopingforchange
    hopingforchange
    Glad to see people joining... I feel there is a reason for us all to do it regardless of our weight...

My answer is YES I can do it on my own... BUT then with a blink of an eye I will yo yo back up... I am tired of the yo yo!

I like this forum... and why I started this is to be able to quickly find people dealing with like issues.

It is nice to be able to come into this group... quickly see progress of the lower bmi'rs and get some tips.

Thanks for joining ... hopefully we can get all the lower BMI'rs here! For lots of chatter
  5. Collando
    Collando
    Hi there. I am 85kg and tentatively booked in for a sleeve on 25th January 2012. A bit nervous but like above am sick of the yo yo eight that I have had all of my life. I'm in Australia
  6. Collando
    Collando
    Hi there. I am 85kg and tentatively booked in for a sleeve on 25th January 2012. A bit nervous but like above am sick of the yo yo weight battle that I have had all of my life. I'm in Australia and am not going to tell anyone. My husband is very supportive. He is a gem. My parents however would not understand so am trying to avoid them knowing. This procedure is meant to be better than the band. I am 43yrs old with three young-ish kiddies aged 4,6&7yrs.
  7. azlabcop
    azlabcop
    I just had the sleeve and I was 183, but I have my issues, number one is a food addiction. I couldn't allow myself to get any bigger. I'm getting aquainted with my sleeve and it's working out pretty good. I'm eating soups, eggs, cheese, yogurt etc. I couldn't handle the liquid diet, but this is working for me. It's nice to get full with a normal amount of food!!
  8. hopingforchange
    hopingforchange
    Collando.... me as well am not telling anyone !!! Just you here on the forum and 1 friend will find out the day that I fly out. My husband and I have talked about it... in his mind I am crazy but it is like that wedding dress I bought ... give him the bill and he will pay for it! keep it secret ... he gets the bill and then gets the benefits of it later...(if that makes sense)

My family would not understand... but they are the ones who are going to be yoyo'ing for the rest of their life... Me hopefully ...skinny and happy
  9. franci
    franci
    I've been reading and reading and hadn't found anyone that was 200 or under getting the sleeve. I too am curious if the weight loss progression will average out like the others at higher starting weights. I'm starting out at 185 and hope to have the surgery by the end of this month. I know that I will never be able to lose this weight completely on my own and I can't live the rest of my life like this. For the one(s) who've already had it done please post what your progress is. And all of us when we get it done please post progress.
  10. jane_vsg_ayla
    jane_vsg_ayla
    Franci - not sure where you have been reading but I am one of many on this board under 200 who have had the sleeve. I saw someone a few days ago who had it at 140 (for health reasons). There is no "rule" about who can have - it has to do with your history, your prognosis, your co-morbidities, your family history, your own intuition and understanding of your body and past attempts. This is not "the easy way out", and is not to be taken lightly or looked at as a fad diet. This is major surgery that can cause lasting unwanted side effects and death in rare cases. The decision is whether the potential benefits outweigh the potential risks in YOUR particular situation. Insurance companies have cutoffs on what they will pay for, but that is not the surgeon's guidelines. Keep looking! If you need specific people to look up let me know and I can give you some screen names. You click on their profile to view their posts - most of us have our story/history somewhere in there!
  11. scaredandexcited
    scaredandexcited
    hello everyone, im so happy to have found this group, i was starting to feel like the lone ranger! I was sleeved on 12-29-11 and started at 215lbs, 5-0ft tall. I weighed in today and im now 208.3..I am having so many thoughts going through my head, probally because i have some time on my hands right now. I actually drove 42mins half way to atlanta and turned around and went back home the day of surgery. The surgeon/nurse called me and asked what issues I was having and what could they help with..needless to say the I found comfort in the words of my surgeon and in my faith in the Lord. I know I will have tough days ahead but I will continue to pray and stay strong, and now look to this group for support. Thank u everyone! 2012 here we come!
  12. Nanna2012
    Nanna2012
    I was sleeved on January 5,2012 and started out right over 200lbs; 204.5 to be exact. I am currently at 178.6 and because I've seen HUGE weight losses for others, but not a lot of statistics for people starting out with less than 100lbs to lose.... I was feeling a bit discouraged with my numbers. Needless to say, I'm so happy I found this site; it's great to know there's somewhere to get answers, voice concerns and share successes! Hoping to get to know a lot of you and share this amazing journey!
  13. cab1965
    cab1965
    I'm happy to have a group to relate to as well. I started out at 199# and for most sleevers 50# to lose seems like a breeze...but I have lost and gained the same 40-50# for the last 25 years and now that I'm 46, it's not going to get easier to lose. I lose it but I gain it right back. I'm just tired of all that and I was looking for a permanent solution.

I was sleeved on 2/15 (about 3 weeks ago). I've lost 21# (including 11# lost during PreOp diet). So, I'm losing slower than most people on this website but I'm so stinking happy to be down 21# and feel confident that it won't return this time. I have a realistic goal of 150# and I'll be ecstatic with that. I was hoping to be there by summer but seeing how it's going right now, I'll be content to just slowly lose it especially since I feel like it's permanent this time.

Keep me posted on your successes! Cindy
  14. Stephy
    Stephy
    I am so thankful for this group, I felt "selfish" to be getting sleeved and only needing to lose about 60-70 lbs. I had to go through group classes, and felt so out of place, because I wasn't as heavy as most of the other people. I weigh 194, but I am not even 5 feet tall.
  15. a healthier me
    a healthier me
    So good to see others in the same boat as me! I am doing it for health reasons. Been on the Yo-Yo train for 35 years. I am either on a diet or taking diet pills. Now that I've discovered the sleeve I am so looking forward to being in control of my weight once and for all! I just wanna get it off and keep it off. I get my sleeve/tool 5-23-12!
  16. sharoncarrie
    sharoncarrie
    I am happy to find this group as well. I am 5ft & weigh 196. I am nervous about starting this process because I have to take group classes & I don't want people to look at me like I need to be heavier to be in the group. It's just all over nerves because I'm just now starting the process. I meet with the surgeon & pyschologist on June 7th. So, this group is wonderful to come to!
  17. guacanagary
    guacanagary
    Hello ... Ok I was 206, I have lost 28 in one 42 days I had try everything diets lipo the ballon and all diets I am loving my sleeve I am 5'9", I am trying to eat as healthy as I can, I am a bit scared to loose more than 50 but I am in gods hands, I have not learnd to eat slowly but I try..
    So happy with my results, be patient!!! This is a true journey... Good luck!
  18. mommyducky
    mommyducky
    How is everyone doing?! I was the smallest person in my group of women who were being sleeved at the time. I am now down to 140lbs with my final goal weight being 120lbs. I am so happy with the way I look now and I'm so glad that I decided to do the sleeve. I could never have gotten to this size on my own!
  19. cab1965
    cab1965
    Hey! Just checking in. Happy July 4th!

I'm a couple pounds away from my goal and I'm ecstatic about that. But I think I'm just like most of you guys, deep down worried this is only temporary. I keep thinking its really going to be forever THIS time but I've lost and gained this exact 50# before. So I want to relax and enjoy it but the doubt creeps in occasionally. The last 30 yrs of my life (since I was 16) has been a series of miracle diets that worked beautifully but 18 months-2 yrs later I was hovering at 200# again. Like most of the people in this group, I'm a good "loser" and can lose weight but the keeping it off is my kryptonite. ;-). Sound familiar?

We all know that in the world of BARIATRIC surgery, we (under 200 pounders) are sort of unusual but it seems we have such similar stories that it's great to have this forum. I don't post a lot but I would love to see more activity on this group...yes, even I realize how hypocritical that sounds. Haha

Cindy
  20. Kardani9
    Kardani9
    I'm thrilled to find this group too! I'm 5'3" and weigh 216. I've been having to defend this decision to the select few friends I've let know about my plans. However, while informing my parents & and Aunt & Uncle the other day, I said, "I know I don't SEEM obese, but my BMI is actually quite high..." as soon as the words were out of my mouth, I realized they were all looking at each other with secret little smiles. Okaaay... not as small as I thought I was!! Lol! They actually seemed relieved to talk about it. It was nice to get some honestly and support! I'm mainly going for my Type 2 Diabetes & Hypertension, but am sooo looking forward to stopping that yo-yo!!
  21. optangirl
    optangirl
    I am also glad to have found this group. I was sleeved on 8-20-12 so just about 12 days out and the overall help of the forum is great but its very hard to compare myself a 4'9 and 172 loosing weight like someone larger. Obviously theres will be larger numbers while i am fighting to loose 10 lol.
  22. cketelsen
    cketelsen
    My BMI is 27 and I weigh 160. I'm having the sleeve on Sep 14 along with my husband. He started this initially and after starting to feel left out, I called Dr. Almanza's office and asked if you have to be so many pounds overweight to do the surgery. She said no and many celebrities, body builders and even models have this done to stop the struggle with the yo-yo-ing. I'm so ready for that! I have struggled for years to loose weight and to keep it off. I own every video BeachBody makes and spent thousands on diets pills, quick fixes and energy drinks. And I know this isn't a quick fix but it will give the me tools to finally be successful without any gimmicks, short cuts or excuses to not go to the gym. My husband is already prepared that I may reach my goal weight before him but I may not. It all depends on how our bodies react to this change. I plan to follow the diet to a "T" and continue to run and work out as I do now.
  23. anishka56
    anishka56
    I started at 205, then went done to 202 and my week and half of preop, I lost to about 198, don't know how reliable my home scale is. Just had my sleeve Monday and am so excited. SOmetimes I felt I was a lone soldier in the weight group, but i have six other health issues to go along with the decision, so I really am happy to have found all of you in this weight group makes me feel better.
  24. Luann
    Luann
    My BMI was only 28, but it's not a precise measurement of obesity. I have a very small frame. I had lost a lot of muscle, and it was replaced by fat. My belly was 42" and larger than my hips. Hip to waist ratio is probably a better measure of obesity. I did not qualify as obese, but I know from the other issues that I was. My cholesterol on the day of surgery was 266. This was after 3 days of clear liquids. I know it would have had to be worse when I was eating a regular diet. So far my GERD seems a little better than before.
    I've lost 16 pounds since my surgery, not as much as some people lose but that's ok. So long as I keep making progress I have no complaints.
  25. kendraavant_ortiz
    kendraavant_ortiz
    This group is so motivating to me. I am 5'3 and 193 and the yo yo's are just tremendous, I lose 40-45 pounds and gain it back in a deep breath it seems. It seems that if I smell food, oops there goes another pound or two. I exercise, which helps but is unable to maintain. So I am just happy to read all of your posts.
  26. forty&fine
    forty&fine
    I am 5'3 and my starting weight was 195lbs. Yoyo should be my middle name when it comes to weight loss. It is comforting to know that there their are others in the same cycle that are also close to 200lbs.
  27. Gnomes
    Gnomes
    I am only 4"11, hence the nickname Gnomes (my real name is naomi) and am only at 190lbs but on my frame that is a british size 20! My bust goes through doors well before my head does!!! Has anybody who has lost the weight at this hight and size got any info on how much loose skin I should expect?