Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre op diet

1. ShelbyVC
    ShelbyVC
    A lot of people are talking about their pre op diet. My surgery is scheduled in 2 days. Nothing has been said about a pre op diet from my doctor. I go tomorrow for my pre op appointment. Anyone else not told to change their diet before the surgery?
  2. rcbd331
    rcbd331
    My daughter and I are having the sleeve done on 8/15. I was put on a 10 day pre-op diet and my daughter for 5 days. From what I've read I think the more you have to lose, the longer the diet. But you're right, I don't know of anyone that wasn't given the pre-op diet because it's supposed to shrink your liver to give the surgeon more room to operate.
  3. lg91077
    lg91077
    my surgeon is making me do a 2 week liquid diet before surgery - and yes, the purpose is to shrink the liver (and my doc says its also to get the patient in the right mind set).
  4. tdl0975
    tdl0975
    I am also on a two week 3 protein shakes a day diet. I can also have sugar free jello, broth, water and unsweetened tea w/substitute or crystal light type products. Some people can have 2 shakes and a low carb meal but that depends on your bmi. I do know that some doctors are different. Good luck!! to you!
  5. Kimpossible318
    Kimpossible318
    Mine is just a 3 day diet with 2 protein shakes, small protein snacks (hard boiled eggs, cheese), jello, sugar free popsicles, and a lean protein dinner with 1-2 cups of veggies.
  6. Tonia
    Tonia
    My doctor said I have to start the liquid only diet a day before my surgery which is on Monday, August 26th. Maybe it depends on your size. I weigh 263.
  7. jahfairy
    jahfairy
    I start my 2 week pre-op liver shrinking diet on Monday August 26.
  8. DeLaRoche
    DeLaRoche
    I am officially starting my pre-op diet on Monday which is basically a high protein liver shrinkage diet. It is just liquids only. I have been slowly introducing myself to it over the last two weeks and I have been drastically reducing my portion sizes. My surgeon has recommended that I only use Slimfast Protein shakes for the two weeks leading up to the op. I think I am going to struggle.
  9. ILUVMUNK
    ILUVMUNK
    i also was not told about any pre opt diet. I asked repeatedly and they told me I didn't have to do anything. I think from everything I have read on here I will at least do protein shakes for a week or so to also get in the right mind set. Surgery date Oct 8th 2013
  10. Google jan
    Google jan
    I am really struggling with the shakes. I am to do 2 shakes and 1 low carb meal. They didn't say anything about between meal snacks. I think I may do some fresh veggies and hummus along with some vegetable juice. does that sound like it should be OK?