Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre-Op diet.

1. Kyriverfan
    Kyriverfan
    Is it okay to not use protein shakes during this time? I am eating a lot of protein and green veggies, eggs, nuts, cheese. Is that ok?
  2. curlycheryle
    curlycheryle
    I was given a pre op diet of protein shakes and protein bars. And lots of water. I start that in about 1 month.
  3. 415jayhawk
    415jayhawk
    enjoy not having to drink protein shakes before surgery. just make sure you follow your doctor's advice. some doctors have patients go on liquid diets for a week or two before surgery. mine only required me to do liquids only on the day before surgery, but i had to lose 20 lbs in the months before my surgery. also, i cannot stress enough. exercise as much as you can. strengthen your abdominals and your legs. i have had a smooth ride compared to others and i think its because i was exercising so much beforehand.
  4. carolmitch
    carolmitch
    My surgery is next Wednesday, and my Surgeon put me on only suger free protein shakes mixed with water 5-6 per day, 1 cup of jello as a snack, and 2 suger free popsicles. The day before surgery is clear liquids, 3 oz's broth 3 times per day and a bottle of Isopure protein drink. Not very pleasant, but over the hump and on the downward days!
  5. 619Diva
    619Diva
    I start My diet next week. 3 Protein shakes & 1 meal for 2weeks. Its 2 shrink my liver but I guess it varies with physicians & the amount of weight you have 2 loose. I've heard some people didn't have 2 do a pre-op diet. Good luck & wishing well on your journey