Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

25 lbs down from highest and still a few months pre op.

1. RedSonya
    RedSonya
    I started my journey in May and weighed in at 376. My surgeon requested that I lose 15 lbs before surgery to bring my bmi down to 50. (I am 5'11") After that first appointment, I got sick and ballooned up to 389! To be honest, I was scared that if I lost any weight, it would come back with interest. (I have a 6 month required supervised diet before my insurance will approve my surgery. ) on July 15, I decided that enough was enough. I cut my carbs and am now down to 364. That is 25 pounds in about 3 weeks! I am so proud and excited!
  2. MSJSC
    MSJSC
    Great Job! Awesome progress, easy does just keep going! You can do it!
  3. Joolah
    Joolah
    Good work!!! I am starting at 376, I don't have to lose weight, thank goodness. Although since February I have only lost 10#, I weigh i the tomorrow at my NUT appointment hopefully I will have lost more.
    Congratulations again
  4. whistlerpotpie
    whistlerpotpie
    Great work! I'm a little over 5'11'' too....glad to be on this journey with you!
  5. RedSonya
    RedSonya
    Thanks everyone!
  6. seattleseagirl
    seattleseagirl
    Hi good for you for losing the weight. I cut out all bread products 2 weeks ago. I lost 9 pounds. It's been a struggle but glad to see i lost. Trying to lose some weight be for my surgery.
  7. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    Good job! You are doing great!
  8. ximmia
    ximmia
    Fantastic job! Carbs is my big thing. I'm two days from my preop and I know it's going to be a struggle, but I know it's something I can do. Keep going and you'll be amazed both before and after the surgery.