Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Lola doesn't like protein shakes!

1. Transformed1908
    Transformed1908
    So, I've given my sleeve her own name, because she CLEARLY does whatever the hell she wants to do. I KNOW I'm not getting enough protein in, so I decided to put two scoops of protein powder in my shake. Well Lola quickly told me that she didn't like it! I was at football practice for me son, and had to QUICKLY drive home to use the potty. Well, Lola decided to unlock and unload! I don't know HOW imma get in enough protein! I DID eat a soft scrambled egg today, and had a SMALL piece of baked fish for dinner, but I want more....
  2. elisamae
    elisamae
    When did you have surgery? Your body can handle a low protein intake in the first month or so, after that you need to ramp it up. I am almost two months out and my body still will not tolerate protein shakes or drinks. I eat cottage cheese, boca burgers-smushed, eggs, lean ground turkey, beans.
  3. Annie04
    Annie04
    There are some unflavored protein powders that you can add to soup, scrambled eggs or what ever your tummy can tolerate. Unjury also has some chicken soup that is pretty good. I am still pre op (surgery in 4 weeks) I am going to experiment with some that I mentioned. Good luck.
  4. KatyKay
    KatyKay
    I am right along with you on the shakes. I figured something is better than nothing and went to the store and got ensure..it has half the protein. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully I can drink them. Let me know if you find something yummy and that you can tolerate!
  5. skinny2be
    skinny2be
    Pro complex has 60 grams of protein per shake. Cheapest place I found it at was at bodybuilder.com
    For me I would rather only have to gag down 1 protein shake versus 2 or 3. Hope that helps.
  6. Hopefuljourney
    Hopefuljourney
    I am just in my second week of post op recovery and my focus had just been on keeping hydrated -(upon the recommendation of my surgeon) Now I am just adding in soft foods and working on increasing my protein intake. His motto was 30 grams of protein the by 30 days/60 grams of protein by 60 days. I have 1.5 high protein Slim Fast shakes 3 times a day as part of my liquids and that gives me 30 grams. Now that soft foods are adding in I am trying to get ones that have the highest protein for the smallest amount. Also, Walmart sells New Whey Protein shots and I have heard several people say that they add them to their water to dilute them. I believe they have 42 grams of protein. They say they taste like cool-aid and it is a great way to add protein while you sip, sip, sip. Good luck!
  7. Willie Faye
    Willie Faye
    Try whey protein vanilla and mix with sunny D and add I've in a blender taste like a dream sickle
  8. Nakia925
    Nakia925
    I am 5 days out post surgery and I'm not tolerating the shakes either. I know I'm getting very little protein. Has anyone tried the protein pills?