Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I have a confession

1. Transformed1908
    Transformed1908
    OK Y'all,

So, my surgery was on 7/29 (thank GOD), and all went well. As of today, I am down, just 4 pounds, but at least I'm DOWN! LOL

I have been doing well with my water, protein shakes, broth, etc, but TODAY! TODAY I am HUNGRY!!! So, I ate a soft scrambled egg. I took my time eating it. It went down fine. My post op appointment is Tuesday, so he should give me PERMISSION to eat the soft scrambled egg, and other stuff on Tuesday.

My family says I LOOK like I've lost weight, but I don't see it yet. Taking Gas-x for this gas, but I am not taking the nausea meds, the prilosec, or the morphine for pain. I am not having ANY of those issues. The morphine doesn't do anything for me anyway, so I decided not to take it, and the pain wasn't bad enough for me to take anything anyway.

I am excited! Looking forward to this journey!!!!
  2. CoachK
    CoachK
    It's not a good idea to jump ahead of the steps. Your new tummy has to heal. You're gonna have to figure out how to deal with the head hunger within your restricted diet. If you start breaking the rules now, you won't be able to follow them later.
    Good luck!
  3. MoneyMan78244
    MoneyMan78244
    CoachK is right. You need to pump your brakes.
  4. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I cheated and honestly I didn't follow any of the steps given to me I just felt like a I know my body I can eat this when I feel like it and my body told me you can try but you surely will throw it up. So is true your stomach does need time to heal if you do too much it is a possibility that you can cause your new belly to leak I believe it takes 3 months to fully heal performance I can't remember at the top of my head right now. I try tuna it came back up I tried a piece of chicken it came up. when you're trying to have your tummy especially in the beginning stage stretch any kind of way the food going to come up. even if you chew your food really really well it's a possibility it still coming up. I didn't really see the harm in puddings, broths , creams I handled those well. but what I noticed that people who tend to follow their diets to the T end up losing more weight than those who don't. as well having a normal exercise routine they tend to have less stalls also.
  5. vmbayne
    vmbayne
    Be strong, it's really all mental and your new tummy won't allow you to cheat. Be strong and keep sipping your liquids and the soft foods you can eat at this stage. I promise you will get past this once your mind get in concert with your new tummy! Hang in there and I promise you will be successful and have a new life! I know I do! The sleeve is my best friend and it has completely changed my life! I will be praying for your strength and courage to get pass this difficult stage, but I promise you if I did, anybody can! God Bless You!
  6. gibro225
    gibro225
    I'm not there yet but I pray things get better for you...

Good Luck,

gibro225
  7. trhaye3
    trhaye3
    I think the Prilosec helps with the hungrey!!! So take it. It will help you not get so hungrey!!! It also is supposed to help with the growling that your new stomach may make. Have you looked in Unjury protien. Chicken soup flavor, yummy. It is supposed to help with you not getting so hungry too. I am not very obedient either but I am trying to get my head around the fact that I need to follow the step or I might hurt me and not mean to. I have heard enough of people finding out the hard way on here, I hope I can get rid of some of my for lack of a better words hard headedness. I like me I don't want to hurt me. : D
  8. trhaye3
    trhaye3
    I think the Prilosec helps with the hungrey!!! So take it. It will help you not get so hungrey!!! It also is supposed to help with the growling that your new stomach may make. Have you looked in Unjury protien. Chicken soup flavor, yummy. It is supposed to help with you not getting so hungry too. I am not very obedient either but I am trying to get my head around the fact that I need to follow the steps or I might hurt me and not mean to. I have heard enough of people finding out the hard way on here, I hope I can get rid of some of my for lack of better words hard headedness. I like me I don't want to hurt me.: D
  9. singraham
    singraham
    I thought the same way. I thought if I ate slow, in the beginning stages, I would be fine.. Uuuhhhh negative!! Balled up in pain the entire night.. Needless to say, I'm back on track... Sleeve 1, Stephanie O... Lol