Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Help, what did I do wrong....

1. RoDean
    RoDean
    I am not even 2 weeks past surgery date, 11 days to be exact and my sleeve is broken. I get sick of liquids and having every damn piece of paper I read tell me different time frames for pureed/soft foods, I took it upon my self to start adding in greek yogurt, sugar free pudding and strained cream soups. I did not have a problem eating any of these things, and I mean eating an entire 6.5 oz yogurt, and entire cup of soup. Every 5 or 6 bites of so I would get sharp cramps in my stomach but they would fade away right away and I would eat another bite. I never once got sick or felt like I was full or felt anything backing up into my throat.

2 days ago I had pureed cauliflower and while I was looking in the fridge for the parmesan cheese, I hit upon the jar of pickled asparagus spears I had bought...anything pickled before surgery was my worst craving, I could eat an entire jar of garlic dill pickles in one sitting (the big ass jar). I ate my dinner of 1/2 cup of cauliflower and cheese and then sat and watched tv for about 1o minutes before I couldn't stand it anymore and went and got the jar....I justified it as a test, I just wanted to see if chewing until mush worked the same as pureed, I had one spear, went down so fine, no cramping, the pickling was perfect and just what I was craving, I had another, still no problem, another and another until before you know it I had eaten 10 spears in not a very long time (10 mins maybe stretching it) what scared me is I did not feel at all full, I am pretty sure I could have eaten 10 more and felt fine....Holy hell I am scared that my sleeve is broken!!

Yesterday for lunch I went to a restaurant here in town for lunch and ordered some soup to go. I made the mistake of saying bowl of soup when I ordered and not cup...didn't know this until I got back to work as it was all bagged up and ready for me to grab at the counter. No big deal, I will just eat 1/2, put the lid back on it and save it for the next day....I ate damn near the entire 16 ounces, there might have been an ounce left and the only thing that stopped me was I started to get sweaty and feel weird like maybe I might be ill. 2 cups people, what the hell, I was told by most that I wont be able to eat more than 4 or 5 bites of food. Something is so for sure wrong. Dinner last night was the refried beans from Taco Bell (I was picking up food for my husband) then I again hit that jar of asparagus but this time I ate 13 spears, 8 and then 10 mins later or less, I had 5 more.

I realize that what I am putting into my body is my choice and I am determined to make it a good choice (hardly no fat or calories in pickled asparagus) but I thought the whole Idea behind this "tool" was that I was going to be limited in the quantities I can eat and I was supposed to help me not over eat....mine is broken, it doesn't work, if there is nothing stopping me from eating the quantity of food I did before, then how is this going to be of any help at all, Please help, I need to know how this is going to work. Is it just me???

I am going to back to liquids for another week and see if maybe it is just super stretchy right now and see if giving it more time on just liquids will help it work again.

Please tell me I have not caused irreparable damage, Is my pouch just bigger than everyone elses? Is there something I can do to fix that????