Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

6 Weeks Check Up

1. CCC
    CCC
    I went to my check up today and I have lost 29lbs! I am now working my way into a stage 4 diet. How is everyone else?
  2. Hev
    Hev
    6 week check up last week. Doing well today have got to 199 pounds. I was 247 after Christmas. Had the benefit of not just one but 2 liquid diets which helped me lose 19 pounds. Had to cancel my first op date due to a family member nearly dying in England UK.
    Last couple of days I have felt very nauseated. Apparently this is normal. Have been drinking ginger tea.
    I never thought I would be at 199 just 6 weeks post op.. I am stunned and amazed and grateful.
    Have a very limited food selection I have another 6 weeks till all the food is integrated. Sometimes I read others are only just post op and are eating stuff I am not allowed but I have to be patient. Has any one else suffered nausea this far out? I didn't have any thing like this before in the early stages .
    Hope you are all doing well. Looking forward to hearing your take on things.
    All the best Hev
  3. middlechild31
    middlechild31
    Incredible. I can not wait to break into onederland! Congrats. I think the limited food selection is the way to go. I found as food has been added in my weight loss has slowed. I still have episodes of vomiting, nausea that just hits me. I think we have a while to go with that.
  4. cherip
    cherip
    I started at the consult 239.8 May 6, surgery was 232 and now 205. I had a bit of a setback though. Not directly surgery related. I was hospitalized July 17th with a kidney infection, dehydration and a severe episode of diverticulitis. I spend one night in the hospital and 8 more in a skilled nursing facility. Total of 10 days on I.V. antibiotics. Frustrating because no one actually knew much about the sleeve and kept trying to make me take pills. I came home Friday, 4 days ago. I saw my surgeon twice once while in the skilled nursing and then yesterday. Just an unfortunate setback but I am good. Back to pureed stage once again and weak. Moral of the story, do not allow yourself to become constipated or dehydrated. Fiber choice chewable fiber is good as are Dulcolax stool softeners. Baby steps for me!!
  5. elisamae
    elisamae
    Cherip, sorry about the UTI! I am glad you are back to yourself. I had surgery 6-June-2013 and have lost a total of 49 pounds, 13 on the liquid diet and the rests since surgery. Also suffering from the constipation, even though I am very careful to keep up the fluids. I think in y case it is age-related.