Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Spinal Block

1. TEXAS713
    TEXAS713
    Is the spinal block necessary for the surgery? Does it have any negative after effects? I wasn't sure if this was common practice will all sleeve procedures.
  2. PlatinumPink
    PlatinumPink
    Hello I received some sort of spinal injection when I had my surgery in April. For me, I have had no residual pain, problems, or symptoms. I believe it helped me which is why I really did not have much pain afterwards. I just felt sore in my incision sites. Everyone has a different kind of gas pain afterwards; someone had wrist pain, another shoulder pain... My pain was in my right buttcheek. LOL! But, as far as the surgery goes-- I am glad I had an epidural, because my post-surgical pain was minimal. I hope this helps.
  3. GinnyC
    GinnyC
    I was freaked out by the spinal block. I had no clue that I would be getting it. I have had 6 other spinals/epidurals in the past and this one was the BEST! I was shook up over it and crying because every other time it has hurt me immensely, but this one was incredible. I LOVED that anesthesiologist! And he was good looking!
  4. Bill_Yanez
    TEXAS713 I know from my conversation with Dr. Quinones that the spinal is now being used because the patients have a better post-op experience. With the spinal the patients are up and walking fasted than when just general anesthesia is administered.

I will be getting more information in reference to the spinal block. Dr. Quinones is out of town this weekend but once he is back in Tijuana I will have more information for you.

Bill Yanez
    Patient Coordinator
  5. gigi28
    gigi28
    How do you know if you had one or not? I don't remember anything after laying on the table.
  6. Bill_Yanez
    I was able to speak with Dr. Quinones in reference to the spinal block. If you refuse the spinal you can still have the surgery. BUT the spinal block along with the general anesthesia is recommended. Dr. Quinones has noticed that patients that have the spinal block along with general anesthesia experience a better post-op recovery.

Thank you,
    Bill Yanez
    Patient Coordinator