Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Just a waiting!

1. ShadowCruiser
    ShadowCruiser
    Hello! I'm ShadowCruiser and just awaiting for October 25 to roll around! I'm 13 weeks pre-op. I couldn't not have done the surgery sooner, as I am going on a cruise in September and DH's travel schedule (has to stay with the kids!)

Heading south of the border to Dr. Alvarez.

Anybody else want to join me in an October surgery date???
  2. Janny
    Janny
    22nd for me. God I wish it would hurry up!!
  3. Trophywife
    Trophywife
    My daughter and I are oct 11. Tijiuana
  4. Mspencer
    Mspencer
    I'm October 8th, Dr. Almanzo in Tijuana. Trophywife, I'll be leaving the day you have your surgery...but I'll prob see you on the 10th.
  5. Trophywife
    Trophywife
    Awwww I can't wait to hear your progress mspenser! I'm getting excited. But have a fear of failure. I've always been a slow loser. Already have to eat 900 calories and lower to loose. At least with vsg I won't have to be hungry. A lot of my family are like that even on thyroid meds. My aunts dr. Accused her of not following her diet, then she was hospitalized for 10 days and he saw that what she said is true. He controlled her diet and saw the slow weight loss.
  6. ajoreno
    ajoreno
    Hello everyone, My surgery date is Oct. 10. I wish it was sooner, I'm really excited. I have a friend coming with me who had the surgery in Nov 2012 and had a great experience. Im less nervous seeing how wonderful his results are. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully I will see some of you there....
  7. Mspencer
    Mspencer
    The date can't get here any faster!!!!
  8. Joolah
    Joolah
    Waiting impatiently for 10/23 surgery here in Wisconsin.
    I am ALWAYS amazed by mexico sleevers, you are all so brave. I am neverous abt my surgery only 30 miles from my house. You are all so amazingly brave to me.
  9. Debdaisy
    Debdaisy
    Hey there! I am scheduled for October 29th with Dr. Ortiz. Can NOT wait! I am so excited for the rest of you as well. I am planning on taking a week off, as I don't have the PTO to spare. I imagine I can go home early if I need to for the first few days back to work.

I think my biggest concern is what I will do with my emotional eating urges post surgery. It is such an on-going struggle.

I welcome your thoughts.
  10. Adele
    Adele
    Hi Deb,
    I feel our emotions (emotional eating) is a process both pre and post op. I really think we have already begun this journey, that is, the gaining of new awareness on a daily bases. Yes, it's a day at a time - moment by moment - to an ongoing awakening and love to who we really are!
  11. EmiliaIvey
    EmiliaIvey
    Hello everyone!! I'm also an October girl- the 7th here in Texas. I'm on the pre op diet now and boy does it suck!!! I have noticed that I've already been more active with my kids in an effort to not think about eating. So they are loving it. I'm savoring my chewable vitamins-haha!
  12. lw11
    lw11
    Hi Everyone - I'm Linda. my surgery date is 10/17th -- can't believe it's October already -- very excited/little bit scared
  13. rhondap46
    rhondap46
    Is anyone else going this month to Dr Corvalla at Angeles Hospital in Tijuana?
  14. JKRsmom
    JKRsmom
    Hello all! Good luck to your new journeys that are coming up. Mine is Oct 18th in Tijuana with Dr. Almanza - I am very excited and can not wait either. A friend of mine went through it 2 years ago and is doing wonderful. She says it was the best thing she could of done and only says great things about the Jerusalem hospital (small, but extremely clean - very good staff).
  15. chelleboo
    chelleboo
    Heyllo! I start my pre-op diet on Monday and I am nervous, mainly b/c I am lactose intolerant and I always avoid milk/icecream. My surgery is Oct 21. Good luck to all on this journey!!
  16. smilez19135
    smilez19135
    I'm the 28th super anxious