Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Stopped losing weight already!

1. Phookadots
    Phookadots
    I am 5 weeks out and I stopped losing weight for the last 2 weeks. I am still drinking my protein shakes and not eating much of anything else. I am down 26 pounds but none in the last two weeks. Any ideas?
  2. SDolan
    SDolan
    according to my scale, me too! but I can see it in the way my clothes fit. it is frustrating. I heard that you need to eat more protein and more water. try getting 100 grams of protein in the shakes. have you started food yet? I am cooking chicken nd fish, and omelettes to start off with. I had surgery 6-11-13. I am only down 30 since surgery. but down 4 pant sizes.
  3. mwilson05
    mwilson05
    Omg I thought I typed this myself ��I am in the same situation but thought it was because of my infection. I am down 28 but I have not done alot of exercise die to my infection I have a big hole too so it's been challenging. I am getting more fluids in now that I'm doing vitamin water. I thought I would be further along. Can't wait to see what others say.
  4. Gillian52
    Gillian52
    This happened to me as well but, I have losing again
    It will be okay, hang on in there, make sure you liquid x
  5. Phookadots
    Phookadots
    I am never hungry and have to remind myself to eat and drink. I cal literally go all day without eating or drinking.I know that's not good so I try to get in a protein shake and some water at least and then I sometimes eat a few bites of dinner when I feed my husband.
  6. kimber22
    kimber22
    It happened to me too. I'm a member of a lot of Facebook forums and there is actually something everyone refers to as the 5 week post op stall. You'll start losing again, I promise.
  7. Misscole0014
    Misscole0014
    I am right there with you..... we are about 3 months out and I was there just a week ago, I stopped losing weight, too. It was for a good 2 weeks. Then I got my "monthly friend," Sorry Guys....
    This past week I dropped 7 lbs. So, is that something that could have been contributing to why you have stopped. I was also talking to a "real" friend and she told me when she worked at Weight Watchers and did the diet she would lose for 2 weeks and not lose for 2 weeks b/c of her "monthly friend." I didn't think of it that when I was talking to her, but now I am going to see if that is my pattern as well. Our bodies have changed a lot in the last 3 months. Remember you are doing great, I know how frustrated I felt and will feel again when I plateau. Drink your water and exercise and keep doing what you are doing.... have faith!
  8. Country girl50+
    Country girl50+
    Sounds like me, too. I was so excited the first 3 weeks and was dropping weight rapidly! Then, all of a sudden, it just stopped and I was doing nothing different. I am trying to follow the diet and I stop eating the moment I feel full. I am 7 weeks out and have lost 31 pounds. I have started losing again but have gone back to more shakes and sipping water and walking twice a day. I am determined to get this weight off. Doesnt it feel so good to wear smaller clothes and have our friends say we r looking good! The weight will come off, we just have to remember our surgery is a tool and we have to do our part. Walk and sip and protein!! Keep posting.
  9. skinny2be
    skinny2be
    I have had a few stalls myself. Nothing to worry about though!! It happens to all of us. My surgery was May 22nd and I am down 39 pounds!!!
    It all works out. I seem to have 1 good week then a bad 1. Back and forth like that. I was on a 9 day stall then I dropped 6 pounds in 1 week. It will be Ok.
  10. Naya
    Naya
    I am week 3 today and have not lost since I left hospital ? I am thinking my body is adapting to the calories
  11. Zewski1602
    Zewski1602
    Same with me. I thought typed this post. Stalled
    For 3 weeks. Then lost a few. Slowed way down. I keep reading to just stick with it
    and it will happen. Keep reading up on this on this site. It is so helpful to read others are in your same spot!
  12. lovinglife420
    lovinglife420
    My surgery was on 3/30/13 and dropped weight and then I have had weeks were I gain week and now I have stalled. It's very frustrating bc I have been working out drinking water and having my protein shakes.
  13. jerri2913
    jerri2913
    My road to health began on 10-31-12 @ 327 lbs with my Nut.
    Surgery was 4-22-13 and my weight was 295 lbs for a lost of 32 lbs pre surgery.
    Today 7-23 - 13 I was 261 for a loss since surgery of 34 lbs.
    For a total of 66 lbs total loss.

The beginning of July I had some bad news and resorted to my drug of choice ... food.
    I gained 10 pounds before I talked to my Nut.
    My eating was out of control again and I was grazing all day long and never got to feel full at all.

My nut reminded me of the basics.
    1 Do not drink until 30 min after eating. Every thing leaves your pouch quickly and you never feel full.
    2 Eat full meals at least three or four times a day and do not graze. Grazing makes your stomach stretch, which defeats the whole purpose of the surgery.
    3 Protein first. Makes you healthier and fill fuller.
    4. Cut down on the Sugar-Free foods and drinks. It makes you want more to eat and drink.

These were the basics and when I went back to them I have lost the 10 lbs I gained quickly.
    I am looking 250's around the corner with high expectations.

She reminded me this was a forever eating change, not until I lose a little and feel better.
  14. Tonia
    Tonia
    I'm in the exact same position. I lost 35 lbs before surgery (insurance requirement). My first post op appointment was 2 weeks after surgery and I had lost 17 lbs. So that's a total of 55 lbs or so. I'm about to complete my 4th week and I haven't lost a thing. I think I may have lost some inches though. I have several friends that have had gastric sleeve and they said they did the exact same thing. Maybe it's our bodies just getting used to the rapid weight loss?? I eat about 3 small meals a day, I mean I've had gastric sleeve, I eat like a bird. If I'm feeling that I want something sweet I get sugar free fudgesicles. They save me. I don't find when I eat sugar free jello or sugar free pudding that it makes me want to eat more. That's just me though. It just hits the spot when I want something sweet. I'm big on drinking the G2. It's the Gatorade that is low calorie and hardly any sugar. Maybe I should cut down on those, I'm not sure. My favorite drink is the Milo's tea sweetened with Splenda. I can drink it and feel satisfied. I know it has caffine in it but what does caffine do to you if it's sweetened with Splenda?
  15. kmvalade
    kmvalade
    After reading these posts I have decided to not weight myself. I never did anyway. I've always gone by how my clothes fit. As long as I keep getting people telling me how great I look and my clothes are feeling bigger....i'm a happy camper. I'm afraid if I weighed myself that if I didn't reach my goal it would cause depression. I'm mostly want to lose all my co-morbidity issues and be healthy. the lost weight will just be the icing on the top.
  16. Shandy
    Shandy
    I hit a plateau for four weeks but jumped on the scales this morning and another kilo gone. I don't worry too much about plateau's now, it's normal we will all get there, we just need to be patient.
  17. annb2
    annb2
    I've only lost 10lbs since my post-op 20 days ago. So tired of liquids