Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

weight loss stall in weeks 3 and 4...now 5!

1. Staceyhsmom1
    Staceyhsmom1
    Hi! I know in the big scheme of things this sounds silly but I have only lost 4 pounds in two weeks(weeks 3 and 4) since surgery on june 20th. I increased my liquid to 65-70 ounces including protein drinks/shakes per nutritionist after 2 weeks and am up to 4oz of puree 4-5 times a day which I don't always eat 4oz. I know I am still consuming under 700 calories per day. and I am definitely getting in around 65-75grams of protein.

In my head I am figuring my body is in starvation mode and getting used to the low calories after the shock of surgery. But is this really what's happening?

I started walking slow 3.0-3.2 (per dr) on the treadmill at week 2 and am up to 30-35 minutes 4-6 times a week and swimming .4 miles 2x week, plus a few minutes of arm exercises and simple strength exercises.

I have heard of week 2 stalls, but I'd like to loose more then a pound a week. especially in the beginning!!!!

I was 302, now am 275.

Has anyone else been thru this or heard of this or figured it out??
    thanks!
  2. MissSparkie
    MissSparkie
    I was in a stall that started in week 4 and lasted 10 days. This week I started losing again 1 1/2 a day. I never changed anything. You just need to ride it out. Some kick up their activity level to try and get off the stall. Also if you up your WATER in-tack, I have heard that helps also. Have heard that it is your body trying to figure out what is going on. I look at it as my body responding to a Crash Diet. I've done lots of those. In a way with my sleeve I am on a crash diet, total change of eating habits, but this time no going back to the old ways. My weigh just stopped thinking I would go back to the old ways. Guess my weight decided, I was not going to change, so it had to. Also, during the no weight loss weeks, I DID lose inches!!
  3. Staceyhsmom1
    Staceyhsmom1
    thanks!! I'll post soon and hopefully I'll see a change. I never took measurements. People say my face is small and my width is(not my belly!!) I'll try to take measurements today
  4. rupriceless
    rupriceless
    I went to my 3-week post op this past Wedsnesday and had only lost 8lbs. I was really discouraged, but I know it was because I didn't have enough protein intake. Since I've been upgraded to solid foods, I started eating boiled eggs and tuna along with some protein shakes. My nutrientionist gave me some cool ideas for protein intake like putting a scoop of protein in my oatmeal and sugar free pudding. I've lost 2lbs since Wednesday. On Monday I started really going my exercises, and next week I can start weight lifting. Hopefully I'll be able to lose more. Good luck to everyone!!
  5. lakegirl
    lakegirl
    Don't get discouraged! We all have hit those stalls. I noticed since week 2 or 3 that my weight loss has slowed, but inches are coming off. My doc said this is all very normal. I'm almost to week6 now. You're doing GREAT! Keep up the hard work and the scale will move eventually. Definately take those measurements right away. That was a great motivator for me at week 4 when I had hardly lost anything. It comes off in other ways. Good luck
  6. Staceyhsmom1
    Staceyhsmom1
    I took measurement today
  7. MandaQ76
    MandaQ76
    you guys have NO IDEA how awesome it is to read that I am not the only one... I have lost barely 3 lbs in that past week... and I am so discouraged. I thought that maybe I was doing something wrong. I love this site and knowing that I am not alone in this crazy journey!!
  8. CoachK
    CoachK
    I went for my 4 week check up this week, and my surgeon made me feel soo good. She said 'when was the last time you lost 24lbs in a month'?? She was right. Since day of surgery to today 24lbs gone forever. It may not be how i want it gone, but it's gone! I try not to get on the scale more than once a week, and i do measure inches. So far i've lost some of my big belly! The before pictures also help. It's the little things!