Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Family worried about Mexico.....HELP!

1. Roxann
    Roxann
    My friend Joyce and I have a surgery date of Dec. 17th with Dr. Ramos Kelly. I was not going to tell my brother and sister in law until after the surgery, but I got to thinking that if it were them having the surgery I would want to know, so I called them tonight. My brother is SCARED-WORRIED big time for us, so is sis in law. They suggested: calling a BBB in Mexico or in U.S and ask questions, calling U.S. doctors for their opinion on Mexico surgeries, or trying to go to Canada instead.
    I think we all know that U.S. doctors are probably in competition and I don't know if they would give a true opinion. What do you all think? Do you have any suggestions on how I could handle this.
    Thanks so much......
    Roxann
  2. crystal
    crystal
    I don't want to sound harsh but there comes a time when we have to put ourselves first and do what's best for us! My. Family feel the same way but unless they hhey're walking around with a bmi of 60 then don't advise me on a damn thing about rather I should have surgery in mexico or where ever. There are so many people on here that's been to Mexico and living beautiful lives right now. When people haven't educated themselves on situations they're quick to judge and give opinions tell them to research it and I guarantee they will have a better understanding of having surgery out of the states. Best wishes Luv!
  3. Cherylin LB
    Cherylin LB
    There are bad parts of town in every city in the U.S. Tijusna has done alot to protect all it's citizens as well as visitors. TJ has a population of over 2 MILLION. Sure ther are pasrts of the city you DON"T go to. The hospital is locsted in an upscale part of TJ out by the Beaches. The Hotel is located in the Zona Rosa...the BEST part of the city. You are driven from the airport to the hospital, driven to the hotel, driven back across the border. If you booked with Trish, she will tke you only to safest places. Don't worry. The big drug problems are ,mostly in cities that border TEXAS.
  4. scgal21
    scgal21
    I was in your shoes too and didn't tell anyone but hubby and my son. My son was very upset, saying Mexico is so unsafe, etc. etc. Cherylin LB and I had our surgeries done on the same day with Dr. Kelly. We booked thru Trish and she takes VERY good care of you. There are unsafe areas in every big city. The city I live in has crime and murders and drug activity too. You have to use common sense, wherever you are. I felt very safe and protected the entire time I was in Tijuana. I would recommend it without reservation.