Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Scared and confused

1. saccarmen
    saccarmen
    I am removing my origional post. The person that made the comments that had me questioning was a disgruntled coordinator. I dont know if I can trust what was stated.
  2. dbarnes7
    dbarnes7
    Do your own research to filter it out. Just google the doctor, his clinic and you will come across a lot of information. Then you can decide for yourself what it the truth.
  3. WyomingDiva
    WyomingDiva
    I was a member of that group for a while. There was so much fussing, fighting, and brawling I finally quit them and blocked them. Didn't need anymore stress.

On the hand, speaking as one of those who had complications, just be aware that no matter where you have your surgery, it is possible there will be problems afterwards.

I would never, ever have guessed I would be one of the 1% - but I was. And I survived.
  4. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    If you go on here you will see the post from someone who had a leak fron Dr.Q and the other person who had the other leak is in the FB group as well.
  5. AmyInOrlando
    AmyInOrlando
    If you're feeling uncomfortable at all.... cancel your surgery. Do more research and find another Dr. There is always the chance of complications wherever you go, but you're putting you life in someone else's hands. You need to feel 100% confident that you made the right choice. Stress can impact the healing process, so you want to be in the best shape physically and emotionally the day of surgery.
  6. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    I still feel that Dr. Quinones is the best of the best!!!
  7. LVeronica
    LVeronica
    Data on individual complication rates is impossible to verify. You can research all you want, but even if you are using a surgeon in the US you will never be able to get verifiable data. Aggregate data reported in clinical studies is probably reasonably accurate, but never identifies individual surgeons.
  8. Lissett330
    Lissett330
    I agree with AmyinOrlando, if you are not totally comfortable cancel research and then make your decision. I had my surgery on July 2 2013 and I feel great. Yes I did have my moments of panic do I travel along should my 75 yr old mother come along. Is this what I really need or could I do it on my own. But until I was 100% certain that this is what I wanted as my new live choice, I booked my surgery date and air fare.

Stress will not benefit you in any way specially in healing.
    Good luck and keep us posted.
  9. galmila
    galmila
    I had surgery in Mexico on May 23 with Dr. Q. Everything then and now has been fine. My two complaints- I am a slow loser (and I have not started exercising my fault) and I have acid now that I didn't have before (I take Zantac now). No other issues. I typed up my experience in my blog. Sure research but don't let the misinformation turn you off from going to Mexico. Are there complications maybe depending on the person. I have met and talked to a lot of people who wen through Dr. Q who are doing just fine. Unfortunately the other popular doctor/clinic has had some issues and I would never ever go to him (personal choice) Good luck
  10. RollTide
    RollTide
    I was kinda nervous myself about going to Mexico ! Read a lot in forums and you really start to get a feel from others comments on Drs & hospitals etc. I felt so good about I made decision in 5 days. Now I'm learning about what I'm getn into ! Ha! Any surgery has it's risks no matter how small of a surgery it may be. I'm going in 2 wks with dr Diaz with single incision but there seems to be other awesome drs out there as well!! Just keepn reading & askn questions. I'm sure you will make the right decision for you!! Stay Strong!!
  11. saccarmen
    saccarmen
    Surgery was done in the 29th and I feel pretty good. Tired, a little nauseous, and had a couple headaches. We are going over to the hotel later today and home in the morning.