Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

lossing hair

1. vembraleigh
    vembraleigh
    well i have went from 295 to 229 as of right now but everything about my body is going crazy i have started losing my hair but b12 is right at zero and my calcium is low so they have me on a nose spray for b12 but i biggest problem that is really driving me crazy is that i am on my menstrual for the last 2 weeks now i do have an appt with an obgyn but i was wanting to know if this has something to do with lossing weight so fast or maybe the b12 med or what anyone have is suggestions
  2. Wormie121
    Wormie121
    The hair loss is normal as are the crazy periods. Hair loss starts at about 3 months and starts growing back around 6-8monthS. Try using nioxin shampoo and biotin. They will help. I already have super thin hair and I am doing pretty well on the loss. As for the periods... Fat stores estrogen and when you lose fat you release estrogen hence the crazy hormones. Birth control that doesn't go through your stomach (ie the nuvaring, mirena or depo shot) should help with that. Good luck and congrats on your amazing weight loss!!
  3. azladyrider
    azladyrider
    Can't speak to the monthly things since I am long past that (thank goodness) but the hair yes - I knew it was coming so I started on hair and nail supplements and prenatal vitamins too after it was suggested to me by someone who had the sleeve done 6 months before I did. I really didn't care about the hair since my hair is short and I wear bandanas or hats alot but no way was I wanting this to effect my fingernails which are my pride and joy.. I went even shorter - almost a pixie cut. I really hadn't noticed I had lost any until I started seeing the massive amounts of new hair growing in along my hairline and bangs. It's been a year now for me and the new hair started showing up about 3 months ago.
  4. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    I got sleeved on March 8th and started loosing hair at 3.5 months out. Now three weeks later I have already lost 30-40% of my hair. It's insane, I knew to expect this, and I know it will grow back (at least that's what I keep being told), but this is still TRAUMATIZING to experience such a drastic hair loss, especially after you have tried to do everything right. It is what it is though....waiting for it to stop and start growing back.

I also decided since I am going to loose half of it anyway that I would have fun with it! :] Im a natural brunette and I am going blondish tonight and cutting about 6" off, plus layering all around and adding bangs!! I'm sick of seeing my constant thinning hair and more and more visible hair parts, I think going lighter and shorter is going to help!!
  5. iamredforever
    iamredforever
    I started taking Biotin and B12 right after my surgery 4 months ago. I have thin hair to start with and did not want to lose more. So far I have not lost more than my usual. I also bought biotin shampoo and thickening shampoo from Puritan vitamins site. So far I am okay. My B12 levels are through the room and my doctor says not to worry about it as the body will only use what it needs and flush the rest out.
  6. NurseM
    NurseM
    I'm having the same problems with hair loss! I guess that's normal. Mine starting at 4 months out. My hair is super fine as it is! I'm ready for this to be over. And at 3 months out my period came a week early and latest over 10 days!!!! It was tragic lol. I went to the md and everything was fine. It has to be from the wt loss. I think our bodies are in shock. I started a new bc pill this month and my cycle seems back to normal (fingers crossed lol). Good luck! I had my labs done too thinking there was a problem but everything was normal.