Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello to all from African-American Sleevers (I LOVE THIS FORUM)

1. JOYCECANADA
    JOYCECANADA
    Hello to all my new Sister's and Brothers.
    I would love to get to no some lovely people from the States. I sure love the accents that you all have out there lol. I say that because when I have met American's here in Canada they always tell me that I have an accent ha ha ha. Well I hope everyone is doing well both with your PRE OP and POST OP success. Hope to hear from someone soon God Bless and take care
  2. msloi71
    msloi71
    Hi joyce and welcome.
  3. journee2me
    journee2me
    hi joyce... Im from Va... And 7 months post op and down 1113 pds welcome and good luck
  4. vmbayne
    vmbayne
    Hello Joyce, Welcome to this forum! I am Valencia and I'm from Birmingham, Alabama so I'm sure you would think I have a southern accent!. I had Gastric Sleeve surgery in November 2012 and I'm down about 60lbs.although I haven't exercised as I should. My gastric sleeve is my best friend! It has changed my life! I feel and look so much better and most the most important thing is that my PC Physician took me off both of my high blood pressure medications! In my opinion the sleeve is by far the best bariatric surgery because you have less complications and eventually you can eat the foods you like, but in small amounts and don't feel deprived of anything! Good Luck and God Bless you!
  5. LadyAngela
    LadyAngela
    Hi Joyce, and welcome to this forum, I live in southern California the suburbs/suburbs to Los Angeles, but I am on a pre op diet and awaiting to have my Revision from Lapband to Sleeve Surgery tomorrow morning being Friday 7/12/13...I am a little excited but more anxiety, what I know is God is Good and I am not gonna pray about and then worry about it I'm living by Faith, Best wishes on your weight loss journey.
  6. simplysexy50s
    simplysexy50s
    Best wishes to everyone, I am from Memphis and surgery for the sleeve is Aug. 19, cant wait to have a great time with the thinner me
  7. CoachK
    CoachK
    Hi Joyce,
    I currently live in New Orleans, but originally from Chicago. So, no accent here! LOL
    i was sleeved 6/19, so still kinda new. No regrets, but slow progress so far. This site has given me soo much helpful info, and answered many of my questions. I don't have a lot of support either and haven't told too many people about my journey so it really helps.