Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anyone else scheduled in August? I'm on the 13th August, with Dr Tsang at Hurstville Hospital..

1. Miss GMS
    Miss GMS
    30% excited 30% nervous 30% thinking of what i should eat before I have to start the optifast! 10% other stuff
  2. Spargles
    Spargles
    I'm on the 30th of August and I'm feeling the same Hmm maybe 50% nervous if I'm being honest. Also I know it works really well but I've never had true long term success with weight loss and I just can't envision it happening for me. I can't imagine being 40kg lighter so it all seems a bit surreal. Someone I know had the op about 2 months ago and she looks great and is really happy so that helps my nerves a bit.
  3. lindamck
    lindamck
    Same Date 13th August only I will be in Perth. Good-luck, I started Opti already and am really struggling Its gonna be a long month...
  4. Fatfloydfan
    Fatfloydfan
    8th August here. Not nervous just impatient and excited!!!
    I dream about being 50kg lighter every single night
  5. Shaquayla
    Shaquayla
    HI GIRLS..I AM 52 AND HAD THE SLEEVE 8 DAYS AGO.

I WAS DONE AT MURDOCH HOSPITAL BY DR STEPHEN WATSON.HE IS A SURGEON WHO HAS A CLINIC AT MURDOCH AND ALSO AFTER THE INITIAL CONSULT, HE DOES HIS APPOINTMENTS VIA SKYPE..SAVING YOU TRAVEL IF YOU LIVE A DISTANCE.I HAD CRAMPS AND WASNT DRINKING ENOUGH,SO HE KEPT ME IN HOSPITAL 7 DAYS AND I FOUND HIM THOROUGH.HIS ABOVE HBF GAP IS $3,900 ABOUT..THEN THE ANITHIESEST BILL WAS $1,900.
    AND WE HAD AN EXESS TO PAY ON THE HOSPITAL WHEN WE ADMITTED $200.00...The dietician is $165.00 for pre op visit or skype appointment this price includes the post op visit also for reveiw...Dont know if this helps any of you.Dr Watson only put me on optifast for a week.I got booked into hospital within 3 weeks of seeing him.So I found some country harvest asian style soups in IGA, that had 75 calories and kelp noodles(no calories)and had bowls of this when hungry at night.
    I POURED HOT WATER OVER CHOCHLATE OPTIFAST SHAKE..WHIPPED AND PUT IN A STAINLESS STEEL FLASK.SO I SIPPED HOT CHOCHLATE THROUGH OUT THE MORNING.I WALKED AROUND MY MUMS COURTYARD GARDEN IN MY NIGHTY N SNEAKERS FOR ECERCISE EACH DAY,DID ABOUT 40 LAPS AND WORKED UP TO AN HOUR EACH DAY,LISTENING TO UPBEAT MUSIC,ON MOBILE PHONE AN EAR PLUGS.MUMS COURTYARD IS PRIVATE AND I WAS STAYING AND CARING FOR HER AFTER SHE HAD A STROKE

I WOULD ALTERNATE OTHER MEALS OF OPTIFAT VEGETABLE SOUP AND CHICKEN.WHEN I HAD MY PRE OP VISIT TO DR WATSON 5 DAYS BEFORE OP,I HAD DROPPED 11KG...I STARTED THIS JOURNEY A FEW WEEKS AGO,WEIGING IN ON MY SCALES AT 131KG.TODAY I HOPED BACK ON MY SCALES AND IM 116KG..SO 15KG DOWN IN ABOUT 4- 5 WEEKS.I DONT KNOW IF ANY OF MY EXPEIRIENCE CAN HELP ANY OF YOU.BUT I HOPE IT CAN.AS I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE FEAR.THE EMOTIONS AND NOW THE REALITY.I AM HOME FEELING VERY WEAK..BUT HAPPY.I AM AWAITING VITIMINS TO ARRIVE FROM THE DIETICIAN..THE ONLINE DIETICIAN MY SURGEON RECOMENDS IS DIET BY DZYNE.
    I THINK ITS NAME IS SPELT LIKE THAT..CHECK OUT ITS WEBB SITE..THEY HAVE ABOUT 20 CLINICS,I THINK AROUND PERTH ALSO.YOU CAN BUY GASTRIC SLEEVE BOOKS N HELPFULL ITEMS ONLINE LIKE A PLATE WITH PORTION SIZES ON IT FOR AFTER SLEEVE..ITS A QUICK VISUAL HELP..ALSO THEY HAVE PREMADE MEALS FOR $7.00..NICE RECIPES.HOPE THIS HELPS..
  6. angel delight
    angel delight
    Dr Tsang is wonderful, you will not find any surgeon more caring and trustworthy. I had a few complications and he was there by my side everyday. He gave me his mobile number and he texted me everyday for nearly 10 weeks to see how I was. He called or emailed every day as well. He is my idol. He knows exactly what he is doing.
    Re Hurstville if its the Medica I was a little disappointed, its a gorgeous hospital but the staff were always bitching. As I had complications I had to stay in an extra few days and because they usually close the place at weekend you could hear them complaining about me in the corridor. It's not as though I wanted to stay in.
  7. Narasweet
    Narasweet
    Hi there, I am day6 after surgery, in Melbourne, done at Warringal private hospital, which was the best hospital I ever experienced, staff - caring, professional, thorough and fun! Surgical team excellent. I have not weighed since the op and won't until I am back home this Sunday. Some of the experience has been hard but ALL worthwhile, I have no regrets. I changed my diet months before, going to high protein, gluten free, no soft drink or booze....3 months before, losing 10 k before surgery, and having mind set - control already in place. Made lots of home made soup, healthy salad etc and gotto prefer unprocessed foods. Worth making changes as early as you can, helps with post op choices too. Good luck, feel free to ask questions..it is about being informed and wonderful support here!!!!

HugsChristine
  8. Miss GMS
    Miss GMS
    Agh I only just saw these posts - thanks everyone!