Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Am I the only one who doesnt have to go on a liquid diet before surgery ?

1. chicaa
    chicaa
    Am I the only one who doesnt have to go on a liquid diet before surgery ?
  2. jackj
    jackj
    We'll I just started a semi-liquid diet. 2 protien shakes a day 1 for breakfast 1 lunch and a sensible size dinner. They just want me to do this until I get approval from my insurance company which should be anyday now since they've had the file since last week and said it should go through pretty quickly if my Dr. Office submitted all the correct info the first time.
  3. NiniCakes
    NiniCakes
    did your surgeon tell you specifically why you dont have to go on a liquid diet? the goal of the liquid diet is to shrink the liver so that accessing the stomach, which sits slightly under/behind it, is easier. Maybe you already have a small liver lol
  4. DETERMINED1
    DETERMINED1
    I didn't have to go on a liquid diet prior to surgery but it was explained to me by my doctor it was since I didn't have too much belly fat and from prior x-rays that he had taken he didn't see my liver and stomach surrounded by too much fat. The liquid diet is given to those whose liver and stomachs are encased in fat.
  5. Amber2540
    Amber2540
    No, I hadn't Sleeve done on April 29 and my Dr's didn't make me do a liquid diet! As a matter if Fact I was told to eat everything that wasn't good for me, because after Surgery things would be different! And as of Today 7-18-2013 I'm down 47lb and I can't Eat the things that I ate B4 surgery! Please be mindful this procedure is All a mind game! Yes u still will want to eat the unhealthy things but ur stomach will not tolerate them! And yes you will know what's good and what's not good! Trust me!
  6. chicaa
    chicaa
    Thanks You all for your replies now I feel much better . I am 230 pounds so maybe my liver is small LOL
  7. dfreeman
    dfreeman
    I was wonder why some people was doing the liquid diet and some were not. I have not been told to do it maybe because I am still in the process of get my insurance approval and waiting on a sugery date. Amber thanks for the information
  8. ToyaReady4Change
    ToyaReady4Change
    I'm way bigger than 230 n I didn't have a liquid diet. I think that every surgent is just different Imy doc gives out a 1400 calorie diet to all his patients. So I think its up to the doc.
  9. binalyn
    binalyn
    I have to do a 2 day full liquid diet prior to surgery. Other than that...it's a high protein diet.
  10. Pkay
    Pkay
    Not only did I not have a pre-op diet I ate all of my favorite things up to the night before my surgery. It depends upon your liver size. If its too fatty they have to shrink it with a liquid diet prior to surgery or it could negatively impact your surgery. That's what my Dr's office told me.
  11. Armygirl76
    Armygirl76
    I was told that due to my current BMI (31), that I will not ave to go on a pre op diet either. I a still so nervous. Can someone that has gone to Tijuana to be sleeved tell me about their experience please?
  12. ForMeAndMySon
    ForMeAndMySon
    Had my procedure 9.5 and did not have to do a liquid diet. 1st post op appt is Friday and I have not weighed myself. Hoping for a good start