Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

My diet goes like this how many people have this one and if different why?

1. EGV-Actor
    EGV-Actor

Stage 1:
    2 weeks Pre-Op Liquid diet (helps to shrink or "de-Fat" The liver)

Stage 2:
    4 weeks Post-Op clear liquids (helps to restructure the intestine)

Stage 3:
    4 weeks Pureed/Soft Diet (helps the body to adjust to food)

Stage 4:
    4 weeks slowly introduce Solid foods back into you diet (helps to go back to normal)

Stage 5:
    continue to regular food that you can tolerate introduce rice & soft bread

Stage 6:
    4 Months After Surgery Introduce Veal, Crunchy fruits & vegetables, Salads

Stage 7:
    6 Months After surgery introduce Beef & Pork (lean cuts)

Now this is my diet for the next 8 months or so, Are you guys diet different because you are doing it in Mexico and they have different standard or my Dr want me to be 100lbs when I finish my diet?
  2. SDolan
    SDolan
    that's actually very close to what my Dr. gave me. I am out of surgery just going on 4 weeks. I have introduced fish and chicken breast the last two days. about 1/3 cup is all I can eat, some over cooked squash and green beans from the garden. those protein shakes were really getting to me all day long. so far I am doing well. just don't overeat. good luck on your post op.
  3. KebfromCincy
    KebfromCincy
    This sounds like an extremely reasonable progression of your gastric sleeve pre-op and post-op recovery period. My surgeon does the exact same thing only he stops at the Stage 4. And actually his reasoning for the one month of liquids after surgery is that it is necessary for the healing of the stomach. I fail you see how if you have the sleeve that you would need to be doing anything for the intestines. If you are having a gastric sleeve procedure, nothing is done to your intestine and it doesn't need "restructuring". Basically, if you think about it, you have an incision going all the way down the side of the stomach and it needs to heal before you start putting anything solid into it. So, by all means, follow your physicians instructions. It sounds like good strong medical advise. Good Luck!
  4. AnnieT
    AnnieT
    My pre op diet was similar. Post op was similar too but tighter time frames. First two weeks after sx liquids clear and other and pureed foods. No fruits no veggies. Next two weeks slowly introduce soft proteins scrambled eggs fish &chicken and soft cooked veg. Continue soft proteins and cooked veggies to 6 months post op then add in beef and other as tolerated. Hey....the first 6 months are tough but you are right you will lose the weight
  5. johnny15676
    johnny15676
    Mine is similar but the stages are each two weeks and finishes at Stage 5. My nutritionist however has said it can take up to 9 months before all the internal swelling and disruption calms down. She told me that I might find some foods a challenge, but just leave it and try them again in a few weeks and see how I get on.
  6. Darcybecky
    Darcybecky
    Pre-op 1 week---Protien shakes and clear liquids....
    Post op 1 week, clear liquids ONLY
    post op for 2 weeks--full liquids
    post op for 2 weeks--pureed foods
    "" "" ---soft foods
    "" "" ---as tolerated...
    I can add chicken and the like in the pureed foods stages as long as I put it in a blender (oh yay....yum......NOT)
    I can't have alcohol for 6 months, NO carbonated beverages ever, and there is no guide for pasta, rice and bread, not really...it's "highly discouraged" at any phase of my diet......
    Good luck
  7. Yve
    Yve
    Wow my pre op diet is only 7 days of 3 protien shakes and a chicken salad a day, then 3 days of clear liquids before surgery. I think I like your diet better. Seems more legit. I was also told that I will prob. Always have problems with bread rice pasta and milk after the surgery. I love rice wth lol...
  8. Kelli D
    Kelli D
    Mine was similiar however not as long a time frame for each stage.
  9. Shelabeez
    Shelabeez
    My pre op diet is a 1000 calorie diet with a high concentration on protein. I can have 1 or 2 pre packaged meals a day such as lean cuisine but must partake of 60-80 grams of protein and 64 oz of fluid. It is not easy but it is doable. I drink a lot to compensate for the small meals.
  10. ximmia
    ximmia
    My pre op diet is 3 protein shakes a day, two lettuce salads and a yogurt. I on'y get the yogurt because I'm diabetic lol. I'll suffer through it though since I know it's best for me.
  11. chili67@yahoo.com
    chili67@yahoo.com
    Wow...A lot of places do their diets differently, but close enough to the same.
    Pre-op had to loose 5% and KEEP it off
    Day before surgery - clear liquid only
    Day of surgery NOTHING
    Next Day - if xray came out ok....clear liquids
    Day 4 post-op - introduce protein shakes (day 1, 8 oz day 2 12-16oz)
    Day 7-10 post-op puree foods for approx. a month.
    After that it is pencil sized eraser sixed foods and chewing 25 times, etc.
    Good Luck Everyone!