Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anyone else have lots of complications?

1. clepak
    clepak
    Hi Everyone!
    I was just wondering if anyone else in the group has had multiple other "issues" before their surgery. Mine is scheduled for Monday but I have other problems that I am hoping don't cause a last minute postponement. I have (among other things) a pretty severe case of Ulcerative Colitis. Had a C Diff test today as well as Hepatitis test because of a possible effect the steroids Im taking may have on my Fatty Liver Disease. Tests were today, Surgery is Monday... A bit nervous, and hopefully the results will be in with time enough to make a proper assessment before surgery. Any advice out there?
  2. Tynettamd
    Tynettamd
    So far so good for me....
    Had surgery July 3rd......I had loads of scar tissue from my lap and.....and a hiatal hernia....surgery took 3 hours
  3. lil_lisa
    lil_lisa
    i guess you doc must not have been too worried to put it right before surgery. Good luck with your new sleeve.
  4. luke
    luke
    All my complications were post-op. Nothing too crazy, but somewhat annoying. It's in the blog if you're interested.
  5. ScarlettO
    ScarlettO
    My doc was worried about the size of my liver pre-op. He did a little exploration inside at the beginning of my surgery before he committed to the full surgery. But he was able to do the surgery. It took him 4 hours but I have thus far had zero complications. My surgery was Jan. 11th, 2013 and I am down 137 lbs So keep the faith and trust your surgeon xoxoxxo Good luck and God bless
  6. clepak
    clepak
    Thank You all for your replies, Hep test came back negative, still waiting on the C Diff but I think it will be neg as I have been tested twice already in the last year, but you never know. The Butterflies are Buzzing lol 24 more hours. Also, good luck to you all on the rest of your journey!