Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Change in Meds

1. fatspidey
    fatspidey
    I had my pre surgery work up the week prior and they checked out several things too include my T3,T4, and TSH. I was worried abnormal results would cause my surgery to be canceled. The next day I saw my new endocrine and he was concerned about the fluctuation of thyroid levels and recommended Tirosint. This week the PA from the surgeons office called and told me my thyroid test was abnormal. I was able to tell them I had just switched to Tirosint and was under the care of an Endocrine doc. As my anxiety was sky high at this point I asked her if that was going to cause a problem with my surgery, she said no, and they wanted to make sure I was seeing someone about it.
    I am so ready to get this surgery behind me and focus on being healthy. I posted for those that may be on Armour or other alternative thyroid meds to know there are alternatives. I have heard of surgeries being canceled due to abnormal values. I am just lucky mine was not and I had just switched to a more traditional thyroid med. I just wish I had done it sooner so I would not have even had the panic when the surgeons office called.
  2. Fawn1120
    Fawn1120
    I have never heard of that med. going to check it out Thanks!
  3. EmilyC
    EmilyC
    I started tirosint 2 months ago. For the first time in about 2&1/2 years my levels and symptoms are perfect. Its why I have finally decided to do the wls. Have you had your surgery yet? How has it affected your thyroid levels? Im a little nervous about the affects the sleeve will have on my levels and symptoms.
  4. lisaloves1
    lisaloves1
    I used to take Levothroxine and somehow got allergic to it...caused me depression, hair loss, throat swelling etc..
    I researched and used Naturethroid and it was good, didn't give me any negative reactions.
    I stopped using in 2010 but now my hypothyroidism is acting up and I don't want to take pills because of the scare of depression that Levothroxine gave me
  5. Texas Loser
    Texas Loser
    My thyroid the week prior to surgery was "55"! Yikes! I, also, had an appointment with an endocrinologist prior to surgery, and my surgeon went ahead with my surgery. He did state that my weight loss would be VERY slow until my thryoid was back within range. -(
  6. Joolah
    Joolah
    TodY I switched from synthroid to armour. I gained weight on the other synthetics I tried. Hopefully armour will be better