Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Heelllooooooooow out there... anyone around??

1. Keltia98
    Keltia98
    Okay.... very very new to this. I see several of you went to Mexico for you surgeries. Do you know of any good docs in the Birmingham area?? I am fairly confident that my insurance is going to come through on this one so I want to start researching doctors to see what all they will require.

Any information would be appreciated )
  2. gudgrlal
    gudgrlal
    Hi Keltia98...I had my surgery done by Dr. Lee Schmitt at St. Vincent's East. He is one of the good ones. He is in practice with Dr. Miles and the practice is called Alabama Weight Loss Surgery. He is also on Facebook with a lot of before and afters if you want to look at that. Hope this helps and good luck!!
  3. gudgrlal
    gudgrlal
    You can tell him I referred you, too. I don't get anything for it, but I just want him to know I'm spreading the word about how good he is. Lol!
  4. Vyvyan
    Vyvyan
    Dr Scott Pennington did mine back in December. He's terrific. I knew him from some surgeries I had to have back in the 1990s so I already trusted him. He's at Trinity. I think the name of his group is Advanced Surgical Weight Loss and his partner, Dr Touilatous, has a good reputation as well.
  5. sunny2581
    sunny2581
    My surgery was done by Dr. Andrew Dewitt at Princeton Hospital. He is winderful, very knowledgable, has great bedside manners, and his staff is awesome.
  6. Keltia98
    Keltia98
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I will set about checking them out.
  7. DisneyDee
    DisneyDee
    I am in the Huntsville area and wish that I had went to Birmingham to have my surgery done. I used Dr. Jay Suggs and he sucks. I told his office last week that I would not be back to see him. I asked them if Dr. Foreman, who is also in the same office, could start following my care. The office manager said the two doctors would have to talk but it was really up to Dr. Suggs if he would agree to let Dr. Foreman take over my care. Waiting to hear back.

I am not sure what I will do for a doctor if Dr. Sucks does not agree to let Dr. Foreman manage my care. I do know I will not see him again though. He has no bedside manner and he also told me to do things that the nutritionist said was really stupid and could have caused me more harm than good. Considering I was already really sick I do not trust this man at all.
  8. missi-smiles
    missi-smiles
    DisneyDee Dr Malipur is at huntsville hospital, they say he is great ! Loves his patients..im seeing him this week All of his patients rave and rave about him..so im excited. I met him at the seminar, his nurse came in and hugged him. I work in the medical field, and NEVER have seen that kind of interaction between dr and staff. He seems to really care about his patients ! Good luck yall. Oh and plz say a prayer ..I hope to get approved soon and get on with my journey. !
  9. moonpie72
    moonpie72
    im in the insurance processing stage of my journey...but im having RNY Dr.Lee Schmitt at St Vincents is my surgeon...please pray im approved.. thanks
  10. ohhappydays
    ohhappydays
    Dr. Tim Christopher in alabaster is one, I have a friend that used him and loves him!
  11. gudgrlal
    gudgrlal
    Good luck moonpie72!! Dr. Schmitt was my doctor and he was great!!! Let us know how it goes
  12. fm67
    fm67
    I just got home a couple hours ago, and Dr. Mailapur in Huntsville did mine. Him and his staff have all been great I wasn't able to attend any support groups pre-surgery, but I plan to now. I did go the the Christmas get-together, and the caring and and emotions between Dr. M, his staff, and the patients was incredible.
  13. donna1743
    donna1743
    Had my surgery in Huntsville,Al. At crestwood hospital. Dr. Foreman was my doctor. I love him he was so good to me. No pain after surgery (1/8/2014) now 11 weeks later 31 lbs gone I am so happy. And Tamara the nutritionist is just great. Hope all are well God Bless.