Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Useful info

1. bev
    bev
    I met with the surgeon who will do the gbs. He performed an endoscopy on me today. We talked about an hour. He calmed alot of my fears, especially re: Pre-op diet, the recommended liquid is opti-fast. My concern is the fact that i am diabectic and will liquids hold my blood glucose steady. He said it will require more monitoring. Also, he said that with the gbs, my meds will reduce greatly, however when you have the gastric bypass,, it is possible to be free of diabetes and diabetic related diseases. I have liver problems, and he said that the sleeve is the better choice, because it has been determined that it is possible to go into liver failure and require a transplant with the gb. Also the gbs will halt the progression of neuropathy and degenerative bone disease.his recommendation is at least 2 weks off work, but he has had patients that went back in one week. As for hair loss, around 3 months some do experience it, but not baldness. Reflux can get better or worse..
  2. Santy
    Santy
    Sounds like you learnt a lot and gained an insight in to your operation, good luck!
  3. bev
    bev
    Actually, i did. When i made the the decision to have surgery, it was because i am tired of medication and lack of good health. Now with what the surgeon has said and what i learn on this forum, it tells me i made the right decision. However, i am still praying on my decision. God's will not mine be done. How are u tonight, thinking about surgery. Did you have to do pre-op liquid diet?
  4. Mick
    Mick
    Hi everyone.

I am wondering if it will affect my throid condition? Anybody know?

I think I should make a list of questions to ask when I see the doc before my surgery.

I don't take hardly any meds. Just for cholesterol and hypothroid meds. and the daily baby aspirin for my heart.