Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Things that Make Me Want to Eat

1. hmswsu
    hmswsu
    I am a compulsive eater and I find that right now (day 14 after surgery) my compulsive brain is about to make me batty!! I am trying to figure out ways to get myself out of this behavioral cycle. Right now, I seem to find myself the most frustrated when those around me are snacking and then when I am really bored. Watching others eat dinner or meals that I can't have isn't that big of a problem for me right now but when I see (or smell-- dear God) them snacking on things I want to pull my hair out, scream and/or cry. I feel o frustrated by not being able to join them in the snacking. It's like I'm so focused on their snacking that I can't think of anything else. I also find myself this way when I'm bored. All I can think about is all the food that I want but can't have right now. My plan of action is to find some activities that I can get engaged enough in to pull my mind from those things and stay engaged on until the situation has passed. I am thinking that if I had a puzzle to work on (while I still at home on my time off) or a book that I really enjoyed or even some other activity that I could have at the ready-- these things might help me remove myself enough so my brain could rest and focus on something else. Any suggestions out there?? Do others struggle with these things?
  2. glaciereux
    glaciereux
    It has been 1 year 6 months since my operation and unfortunately I succumbed to my temptations to snack. I thought I could be bulimic and puke my way through or eat Xenical to lie my body pass the fats, but oh no, my rebellious mind took to sugars and carbs, the exact meds I cannot take because of my current psychiatric meds. My weight has come close to my pre-op weight and I am quite depressed. I have wasted $20k for nothing and I have disappointed my mother and my bf who loves me so much. The worst part is I never even experienced the closest of being thin. The closest I ever got was only losing 10 kilos which still puts me morbidly obese.

My only last hope is if I can fast for some time, hopefully my stomach will shrink back, but can I do it. I never even succeeded completing the liquid diet strictly. I am a total failure. I hope this will scare you into doing the right thing. Please don't wait until you reach my point of no return.

Big Fat Pit of Darkness
  3. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I haven't been sleeved yet and, after reading the above posts, I've decided to go to therapy before I get sleeved and continue thereafter. And we all know our trigger foods.