Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

surgery on 27th ,liquid diet from today

1. harrygill
    harrygill
    i am goin on for the surgery in 2 days on 27th june , have reached my goal weight n on liquids now , anything that would help me prepare myself better before i get in ot ? my surgery is early in morning
  2. AlbAnn
    AlbAnn
    Just follow their instructions. Walk, stay hydrated and get lots of rest. You'll do great!
  3. mwilson05
    mwilson05
    WALK WALK WALK! After surgery you have A LOT of gas since they blow you up... The hospital is good about getting you up and getting you walking afterwards but you have to keep it up.. Even the pain meds don't help with the gas pain in you shoulders. 1 week out I am learning I have to try and remember to only sip if you try to take two it can be painful. So far I am doing great.. Dont expect tons of weight loss the first week your body is adjusting. Be patient and follow the directions it works. I wal everyday now for at least 30 minutes.... It helps me not go stir crazy. Take care of your wounds as directed and try to get yourself on a schedule. Life is different now.. You have to stay hydrated and you have to get your protein in. Other than that you will be fine. Stay on a the support group it helps knowing what you can expect. Good luck! keep us posted.
  4. JaniceH24
    JaniceH24
    Walking is key - but also listen to your body. My mom, a retired RN, stayed with me. She helped by putting my pain meds on a schedule for the first couple of days. That helped me relax and sleep which then enabled me to get up and walk around and generally take care of myself. She also kept me sipping water or gatorade the first 2 days at home to keep me hydrated. As for liquids - I was so focused on protein that I didn't realize that it was the high protein drink making me nauseous! Mom bought me some drinks that were lower in protein - Walgreens brand - that were much easier to get down. Skim milk is easier too. Also, my taste buds are a bit different after surgery. I bought alot of flavored waters, etc but now find that the less flavoring the better. weird, huh? Mostly, remember everyone is different and will heal at their own pace. This is a life style change, not a competition. Sending lots of positive karma your way for a quick and uneventful recovery!