Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

where is your doctor at?

1. mycampbell87
    mycampbell87
    I originally went to southern Maryland Clinton, MD but DR refused to take me as a patient because of my lupus I am high risk so I go referd to John Hopkins in Baltimore MD.....How about yall? I want to make sure I keep my options open and do the most research I can before I commit to a doctor
  2. LoraG
    LoraG
    I had Dr. Schweitzer at JH Bayview, the Bariatric Program is ranked as a Center Of Excellence. St. Agnes's Bariatric Program is also a Center Of Excellence. Both places offer support groups and follow up with you for 5 years.
  3. mycampbell87
    mycampbell87
    thanks @lorag I will check out both im sort of leaning towards John Hopkins....I am so excited
  4. Ozzy
    Ozzy
    My surgeon is Dr. Barry Greene, he gave me a Lap Band 9 years ago. He is rated and one of the best surgeons in Washington D.C. Metropolitan area. He is in Rockville, and he practices at Shady Grove. I am hoping to have my paperwork submitted for approval after my appointment on June 26...first stage of hoop jumping will be complete then. He has a website..and he is also Center for Excellence.He also has support meetings.
  5. LastOptionAttorney
    LastOptionAttorney
    Dr. Kligman at University of Maryland
  6. fearlesscourt
    fearlesscourt
    Dr. Averbach at St. Agnes in Baltimore.
  7. CarriD
    CarriD
    I see Dr. Meyer at Franklin Square... not a happy camper! Did my six months of classes, was content at first but had a failed Gastric Bypass robotically on May 28 of this year... I was told it was due to my liver still being enlarged and scar tissue from multiple surgeries.On July 5 I went back in for lapriscopic sleeve, success thank goodness, but I have not been happy with my care of the doc's attitude since. I work with a lady who went through exactly this at this practice last year but I was made to feel like a total failure! I have had issues with nausea and vomitting since and the doc has not been friendly or helpful! I just get scolded time and time again!
  8. nancyo
    nancyo
    HI my name is Nancy, I had gastric sleeve with Dr. Averbach on 8/13/13 at St. Agnes Hospital.
  9. Kodi's Mom
    Kodi's Mom
    Had a consult with Dr Kimberly Steele at Bayview but opted for Dr Liao (director of bariatrics) at GBMC which is also a center of excellency. Chose him because he is more supportive of the sleeve. Support system seemed better also.