Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

First couple of days on Puree'

1. angela0121
    angela0121
    Hello June Sleevers! First off congrats to everyone, I started my puree diet yesterday which was 7 days after my surgery and I have been experiencing some "weird" symptoms. When I eat and the food goes down in my stomach it hurts, not like horrible pain but more like a discomfort. I can actually feel the food go down and then when it dumps in my stomach the discomfort starts and this is only after bite one or two not after I eat. I tried refried beans today and the discomfort was almost unbearable, I'm still suffering from them 6 hours later. Any feedback would be great!! Oh and also I think my sleeve can hold more than 4 ounces because I have yet to have a "full" feeling, anyone experiencing that??
  2. Smcneiland
    Smcneiland
    Yes, yes, and yes. I'm experiencing everything you are. My advice is slow down. Take smaller bites. Go back to liquids until 10 days out.
  3. angela0121
    angela0121
    @smceneiland thanks! I agree and I just told my husband that last night that I can't do this right now and I'm going back to liquids I seem to do okay with Greek yogurt so I think I will have one of them for breakfast and the rest of the day protein drinks.
  4. newme4ever
    newme4ever
    I also wound up going back to liquids for a few more days, so I officially started purees on day 13 and have been fine with everything. I do feel full when i am full its amazing. I want to eat the whole egg because I want the protein and I think I will get the whole egg in and then bam I know its time to stop...still have not accomplished 1 egg 7 days later so needless to say I am drinking my protein mostly! It will get easier just make sure you are eating at a very slow pace. Good Luck!
  5. angela0121
    angela0121
    When you are eating an egg is it scrambled or hard boiled? I feel like I can eat more than that because I can eat 4oz of like pureed soup and then maybe 2 more ounces of pureed cottage cheese. Plus I have gained 5 pounds since I started puree's...I'm so bummed!!
  6. JaniceH24
    JaniceH24
    My doctor insists on a liquid diet for 3 weeks for that reason. He believes most post op complications are caused by trying to eat food - even pureed - too soon. You may need to give your stomach a little more time to heal - instead of mashed potatos have potato soup (with FF milk instead of cream).
  7. hmswsu
    hmswsu
    My doctor had me starting pureed foods on day 14 (which is today for me). I noticed that I got full much more quickly! Several times I had to stage myself near the bathroom because I was sure it was all going to come back up. I didn't have any pain as eating but I did notice my stomach is more achy today. Like I feel like I can't do as much lifting and if I bend the wrong way I feel pain more quickly today. Could that have to do with the new diet or am I just having post surgery normal aches and pains? I've never had a major surgery like this so I find myself wondering if everything that happens is normal or not. I have a lot of back pain on my left side and have some pinching in my stomach/intestinal area on the left that happens when I bend over. Is this all normal? I still have to take pain medication to sleep through the pain some nights.