Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

sleeved june 4th......

1. shermysue
    shermysue
    Doing very well. Making the best choices I can. Doin g what the doctor says. Looking forward to a healthier future. I remind myself often as to why I have chosen this path. Prevention and a better life. I am much less threatened by diabetes, heart disease, cancer, social isolation, low self-esteem, relational issues, low energy, low motivation, depression...gee, what a lovely gift this is. I have been given a blessing in having the opportunity to have another shot at getting it right. Dealing with issues not by food but by looking myself and life square in the eyes. God is good. So my fellow sleevers...let's get busy living life out loud!!!!...
  2. dakotagirl97
    dakotagirl97
    Well said and I was sleeved the day before you!! Can't wait to get to where I wanna be for the rest of my life.
  3. abcd1234
    abcd1234
    I'm June 3rd also and doing great! Where are you guys at in your diets? My doctor told me I can have what I want as long as I can chew it to applesauce consistency or puree it if necessary. I'm eating a lot of chicken and cottage cheese. I'm down 25 pounds and have been 'holding' there for a few days. I'm ok with that because I know it's letting my body catch up to what's happened. My clothes are loose if not falling off so I know i'm making progress. I'm so happy for all of us and can't wait til we are all at that point of putting up our before and after pictures!
  4. soleil
    soleil
    I was sleeved June 4 too! I'm on full protein liquids/purees until Tuesday. But, I've cheated a little here and there and have had small amounts of chicken, broccoli and cheese, I just chew, chew, chew. Between pre and post-op, I'm down 33lbs. The first week after surgery I was down 10lbs and it's slowed from there but I'm exercising and getting all my protein and liquid in. Feeling good. Glad everyone is feeling so good! Can you already see a difference in your appearance? I can! My face is definitely thinner and so is my belly. YAY!