Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

5 days until surgery

1. MandaQ76
    MandaQ76
    I am on the count down until surgery... and kinda freaked out. I have lost 15lbs on the pre-op diet, but i cheated a bit... I think mainly bc I knew that I could.... but now i am freaked bc I am worried that I am going to screw it all up afterwards...
    I will say that I have kept my water intake up & I have been walking more. i just don't want to go thru all of this an then screw it all up.
    sigh...
  2. jimgoterps
    jimgoterps
    I have a song quote I like to think about when I get to feeling this way...."Don't confront me with my failures, I have not forgotten them" I am 15 days out and have many of the same fears, but you have done everything you can do to best prepare yourself to this date. Congrats on the pre surgery loss, you are dong great and will continue to do so... Smile and think of how awesome it will be to want to walk on Virginia Beach or the outer banks... Good Luck to you
  3. elisamae
    elisamae
    Manda,

We all carry that fear, to go through this and then by poor choices, defeat ourselves. But, you are here in a supportive environment and you have done beautifully pre-op. Quite frankly, there will be the occasional cheat, but you have shown that you are determined. We are here to support you.
  4. scentual1
    scentual1
    Don't beat yourself up. I think we will all "cheat" at some point just because it is human nature. It look us yeas to develop these bad habits we have and it will take some time for us to develop new ones. If you fall of the wagon, just get up and get back on. Good luck to you.
  5. Lunaya
    Lunaya
    I am 8 days out and what I have learned through all of my fears of failure is... I don't really have to trust myself like that, What I have to trust is my Medical Team and my Sleeve!!! And That I Can Do..... In the meantime, learn, learn, learn, all you can about what you did to gain all that weight all those years. Be informed so that you can take care to never do it again in the future. I have learned so much about Slurry or Slider foods and how to avoid putting the weight back on and I am fully confident now that I will never allow that to happen to me! Good Luck to you and Godspeed!