Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

A week ago today!

1. whodatgirl
    whodatgirl
    I had my surgery last Thursday, and I feel exactly as I did before. I had some gas in my shoulder and neck for a couple of days, but other than that, I had no problems. I never had any nausea, and I haven't taken any of the pain pills that the docs sent home with me. (Between us gals, my only problem is a common side effect of the antibiotics, and I'm not sure if a Diflucan is too big to try to swallow.)

I'm a little disappointed that I've only lost seven pounds since surgery, but I'm hoping that I'm still full of fluids. I lost over 30 on the pre-op diet, so my total as of today is 39.

I've found that the easiest way to get my protein is through the isopure clear drinks. I really like the apple melon, and one bottle has 40 grams. I also have been making protein ice cream with sugar-free pudding, protein powder, and soy milk. I had pistachio last night, and it wasn't bad at all. I think my Cuisinart ice cream maker is going to be my best friend this summer.

Of course, I have major fears of stretching my stomach or popping some sutures, but the fretting is just typical for me.

I found the whole thing to be a breeze! I sure hope it continues to be! Good luck to the rest of you. I hope it's just as easy for you!
  2. elisamae
    elisamae
    I am so glad that your are doing well.
  3. Kelli D
    Kelli D
    My surgery was last Friday and I have to say we have just about the same story minus the antibiotic side effect. I am doing pretty good you did better in the weight loss department than myself. I lost 10 pounds prior to surgery and with all the fluids they pump into me I gained all that back. Today I have taken all that off and a couple of pounds. MY stomach is still swollen some but definitely not like it was. I can sleep on my side now with the help of a pillow. That was exciting! It has been pretty easy but I want to make sure I stay hydrated. I hope you continue on such a successful path so far!!
  4. scentual1
    scentual1
    That is so exciting to here from both of you. I have 12 days til my surgery and certainly hoping to have similar results as you have. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.