Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How is everyone doing?

1. healthydebbie
    healthydebbie
    I am 4 1/2 weeks out and doing fairly well. My abdominal muscles and incisions are healing very well with very minimal soreness. My energy is slowly coming back up to normal. I have lost 15 lbs. since surgery, mostly of which I see the loss in my face. The best thing is that my clothes are getting baggy and I can now wrap a bath towel all the way around myself.

Difficulties I'm having are drinking fluids due to some recent stomach upset. The last four days I've felt like I have a constant grumbling or slightly upset stomach. I think my acid reducers may not be working for me. Other than that, I have had no nausea episodes. Getting proteins in has been working well and most foods don't seem to bother me at this stage (other than the acid issue). If I can get the grumblies under control, I hope to start meeting more than the bare minimum of fluids each day.

I'm curious to hear how you other October sleevers are doing. Please share your successes and challenges.
  2. tpreston03
    tpreston03
    I am a little over 6 weeks out from my surgery. My scars are healing well. I have no pain. I am down a total of almost 35 pounds from start of my journey,about 8 pounds before surgery and 27 after. I can wear smaller clothes and have begun getting rid of my larger sizes. My energy level has been an issue and at times I have been very exhausted. Since my surgery, I have had a bad cold a week out, strep throat 2 weeks out, and at about 5 weeks I again caught a bad cold. Taking vitamins faithfully. I had to push myself to get the fluid and protein in. I am now at a point I can eat mostly anything, but raw fruits and vegetables and beef (because they told me not to yet). For Thanksgiving, I actually was able to eat 2-3 ounces turkey, tbsp squash, tbsp stuffing, and tsp mashed potatoes and while my family looks at me funny, I told them I am not hungry and feel satisfied, not like I am missing anything.
  3. Rescued-one
    Rescued-one
    I am 38 days out and healing up great. I played kickball with the family at Thanksgiving! (sore now, but wouldn't have even attempted it before) I lost 20 before surgery and have lost 18 since....kind of at a stall, but thinking it might be because I ate more carbs than usual over this long holideay weekend. I don't know....
    I have had 3 times where a little after I ate I actually felt like I was going to throw up. The feeling passed quickly, but was scary. I hadn't really eaten anything out of the ordinary or too much either...anybody else have that feeling come over them?
    It is all such a learning process...I am enjoying the process and am in awe at how little I need to eat!
    I eat about every 2-3 hours ....a total of 3 "meals" and 2 snacks. Is that about what you all are doing?
  4. healthydebbie
    healthydebbie
    My doc doesn't recommend snacking, but I feel like I need a little something like a protein shake or low fat string cheese between meals. I feel more energetic and have less stomach upset when I do that. I personally think it is more individual than just saying each person should eat "this". I plan to keep my calories in check while I listen to what my body needs. Prior to surgery I was eating small meals spaced throughout the day. I don't know if that will be right for me know, but I'll have to figure that our along the way.
  5. jessy81
    jessy81
    well it'll be 5 months out on march 3rd 2012 & i'm ECSTATIC over the results so far!! I'm fitting into size 12 stuff u guyz!! from a size 22 to a freakin size 12!! i look/feel/act AWESOME! i exercise as much as i want to now cuz my knees don't hurt anymore & i'm wearing all sorts of colors & heels & make-up & i'm getting my hair curled/straightened/colored.....U NAME IT!! My least favorite part of the day is food! FINALLY! Who would have thought that the day would come when i just COULDN'T CARE LESS about when/what i ate!! And although i try 2 get religious about the protein, if i suddenly feel like eating any "junk", i can & i do in teeny weeny portions that keep me super satisfied!! from eating an ENTIRE DEEP DISH LARGE PIZZA ON MY OWN to only one or 2 slices of a thin crust one, WOW!! From eating 3 donuts in one sitting to nibbling on 3/4 of ONE in an hour!! i'm sooooooooo happy y'all!
  6. kellcan
    kellcan
    Doing good slow but steady and the numbers are going down and not up! I am 4 months out and have lost 39 lbs so far..I def could be doing better I need to incorporate more exercise into my routine and slowly I am finding my way to the healthy lifestyle..still very happy with my decision!
  7. Rescued-one
    Rescued-one
    the beautiful weather has helped motivate me with exercise! I am out walking with my husband at least 3 times a week. So thankful!! This is helping with the weight loss of course...and the way I look in capris and short sleeved shirts
  8. mommyducky
    mommyducky
    75lbs down and 20lbs away from my ultimate goal! How is everyone else doing now that it's been almost 8 months since the surgery?