Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

1. lisaclark1954
    lisaclark1954
    Hello., thank u for joining this group. I started the group for support at the beginning of what I am afraid will be a long journey due to all the requirements of my insurance. I would like to hear how things are going for you.

Lisa
  2. Tina Bout
    Tina Bout
    Hello Lisa,
    My insurance company made me wait 6 months before I could have the surgery. I had the surgery on April 30. So far I have lost 21 lbs. I had my 6 weeks check up this past Tuesday and asked if my weight loss was typical or should it have been more. He said it was a good weight lost and since I have a thyroid problem the weight will be slower than most people.

For me the six months went by quickly. Each day you go along with your daily activities and before you know it - it's time for another monthly appointment. Before you know it, your done. How many months is you're insurance company making you wait?

Tina
  3. TC1126
    TC1126
    Hi ladies! Nice to see a CT group on here. Likewise my insurance had me do 6 months of dietary visits before my surgery, now I'm scheduled 8/6 finally and can't wait. I was glad to meet with the dietician on those visits but wasn't thrilled to have to wait that long to get to where I am now. You're right, Lisa, with all the appointments that have to be taken care the time really does go pretty fast. Plus it gives us time to prepare and really be ready. And I am ready! I've used the time to start the weight loss, down 15 lbs which is a nice bonus.

Looking forward to chatting...stay well.
    Therese
  4. mem222
    mem222
    Did anyone have AETNA? I feel like they fight EVERYTHING. i work at Yale and switched from the "better" policy to the "lesser" policy where you need referrals. After some bumps in the road, i have the referral thing taken care of but now i am nervous about them approving the surgery. Someone said that they look at your MD records for the last 2 years for weight - i have never been as big as i am now so i hope that doesn't matter. So many issues,,i am waiting for approval to have a sleep study test, think that would guarantee the approval for the surgery.
  5. Mrsdez
    Mrsdez
    I started with atena and our insurance switched mid way to connecticare. I can't really say much about ins coverage as my husband works for a pd and they have their own contracts that most people cant have coverage for. My whole process took maybe 4 1/2 months the longest was the dietitian meetings I was lucky and only needed 3 but they had to be only one a month. My surgery was at st marys in wtby. It was generally ok I had a few mean/ lazy nurses which is disappointing since I use to work there before I became sick with autoimmune issues. I had a wonderful nurse aide that tool great care of me and went way beyond the extra mile.