Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I have a couple questions

1. Janice1965
    Janice1965
    I am having surgery with Dr. Q in Mexico & I am trying to figure out my trip. I am looking at August 29th for my surgery. I was wondering if any of you went the day before and stayed an extra day or just got there the day of surgery and left the morning that you were dismissed? I can get a flight that will get me into San Diego at 9:19am. So I didn't know if they could do the surgery that day or not. And then wondering if I should book a motel for the day after in case there are complications & I have to stay another day or something. What did ya'll do?
  2. happyhabit
    happyhabit
    I had surgery 2 weeks ago with Dr Q (AMAZING Doctor!!). The day I flew in was the day I had surgery. I believe he asks if you have surgery on the day you fly in to be there by noon. I liked it better to be there the day of surgery. If I had flown in a day early I knew I wouldn't enjoy the day before because I would've been thinking of surgery all day instead of enjoying the sights. I also came home the day after the one night of the hotel he arranges. I just was ready to be home in my own space. I am so happy I had Dr Q for surgery and haven't regretted it one little bit. If you have questions feel free to ask me
  3. galmila
    galmila
    I had surgery last Thursday. I arrived about 9:20 (from Washington State) and the driver was there to pick me up. I arrived about at the clinic at 11:00 or so. I was in surgery by 12:20 and back in my room by 4:00. Since I had a revision I stayed at the clinic Thursday and Friday night. Then I was at Hotel Saturday, Sunday and Monday leaving Tuesday at a 1:50 flight back. I was a the airport early (11:00). All of this was in his price. Even the 3rd night in the hotel did not cost me extra. He is a great surgeon and was very upfront before surgery. If my lapband caused issues he wouldn't do the sleeve. No issues so I am sleeved. If you haven't talked to Stacy I encourage you to, she saved me a lot of heartache in Mexico about 3 times and I contacted her through Facebook. PM if you have any questions (I did write a LONG blog)
  4. lindmar
    lindmar
    Yes, I agree with the others. If you can get in early then you have your surgery on the same day. You will be 2 nights in the hospital & then an additional night in the hotel they book for you. If you need to stay an extra night beyond that I'm sure you can stay in the same hotel. You would want to stay there because Alma (or someone) is there from Dr. Q's staff to check on you. Another thing...Dr. Q won't let you leave the hospital unless you are ready, so don't worry! He is the best!!!
  5. zmdh39
    I flew in same day of surgery as well, I want to say that my plane arrived about 9:20 am, I stayed 2 days as the hospital and then one day at the hotel. They performed 2 different leak tests on me before removing my drain and releasing me from the surgery center. I am now 8 months out, and like everyone said, Dr. Q is the man, he will take wonderful care of you. Good luck with your surgery!
  6. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    I came in the day before my surgery with Dr. Q and stayed at a hotel in San Diego. The Medical van picked me up from there the next morning and I was the first one to have surgery. I did that because I didn't know if my flight would be delayed by weather and I felt more comfortable knowing I would be there on time for my surgery.
  7. KJR
    KJR
    I am getting sleeved with my wife with Dr Q and the 26th of June. Getting there by noon will have you in surgery that day. Any questions at all I would speak to Bill. He is on top of it.
  8. kittvalley
    kittvalley
    I had surgery 3/5. I flew in day before, wish I hadn't I could have saved my self $80