Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New to site and group!

1. TattoosnDaisies
    TattoosnDaisies
    Hi y'all!

I'm Amber. I recently joined this site looking for support and info from other sleevers. I'm going to Mexico to have it done due to a lack of medical insurance. I'm looking to have my surgery done in mid-July.

Currently, I am 339. I've been holding at that for about 2 months now. My heaviest was a couple years ago when I tipped the scale at 351. I went on this crazy diet called The Rice Diet. It is insane. But I lost like 30 lbs in a month! But it is not something anyone can really do all the time. And so the weight came back (shocker). I've been doing a low carb diet for a few months now and DDP Yoga daily. Guess that's why I am holding with the weight loss of a whopping 6.5 lbs.

Anyways. Just wanted to say hi!
  2. bellaboo7
    bellaboo7
    Welcome!! I was sleeved a couple weeks ago & it's not easy (puréed foods) but I'm so so glad I did it!! You will be too! Glad you're here!!
  3. katente
    katente
    You will do fine. Just make your plan and work you plan. I was sleeved April 8 . I've lost 60 lbs. post op, and 27 lbs pre op. If I can do it you can do it. I will be cheering for you.
  4. fleiniebop1
    fleiniebop1
    Hi there.. I was sleeved In mexico on May 17th ..with no regrets!!.. Friend me .. Will answer any questions love talking about it!.. Good luck on your Journey!!..
  5. katente
    katente
    Oh by the way I started out at 387 lbs. I am now 320lbs. Welcome to the site. We are all working to gain better health .
  6. amazonia
    amazonia
    Welcome! I am at my heaviest now at 347. Luckily I have insurance coverage so I am having my surgery in July in Oklahoma.
  7. TinaF1971
    TinaF1971
    I had the sleeve on 2-18-13. It was rough for a while, but I made it. No regrets. Welcome and good luck to you!
  8. LisaNunu
    LisaNunu
    Hi - welcome. I am not scheduled until July 15th - seems like it will never get here! I have confidence we will both do great!
  9. shaun27565
    shaun27565
    Hello and good luck on your new life journey.
  10. alfasig
    alfasig
    Welcome and good luck. The sleeve is the best thing I have ever done. I am down over 60 pounds since February.
  11. TattoosnDaisies
    TattoosnDaisies
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I'm nervous because I've never had any kind of surgery but I'm super excited to start living life!
  12. rowdyrazorback
    rowdyrazorback
    Hello and welcome....although, officially I'm no longer in this forum....I was at about 355lbs on April 1st....had my surgery April 15th and I'm at 290lbs now...Good luck to you and Mexico was fine....although sometimes you will miss having a good meal, the benefits from having the surgery far outwweigh it. I feel so much better all the time except for the occasional nausea. You won't regret it....
  13. TattoosnDaisies
    TattoosnDaisies
    Hey Rowdy! Congrats on no longer being in this group! I'm so glad to see so many people have chosen the Mexico route too! I've gotten a few raised eyebrows but I dont care!
  14. Time4me
    Time4me
    Started in this group and almost on my way to the ONEderland! It has been about 9 months and can not believe how much healthier and happier I am. Good Luck to you.