Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Juarez- Star Medica, how much to tip the border shuttle driver?

1. HeartsInNC
    HeartsInNC
    I fly into El Paso tomorrow for my surgery on Wednesday, and not only am I getting really nervous about it, but now I'm fixating on the tiny details and spending valuable mental energy there.

Anyone who has gone to Star Medica via Amigo shuttle from El Paso airport, how much did you tip each way? And did the driver seem pleased or look at you like you were cheap?
  2. brenish73
    brenish73
    Mexico: Tipping & Etiquette - TripAdvisor

I found this web site very helpful...for up coming trip this sunday ..your gonna do great.. update us ok
  3. fatgirl2013
    fatgirl2013
    I had a wonderful experience there. Everybody is so nice and professional, doctors, staff, driver, friendly people. Excellent hospital, comfortable, etc. Don't worry at all!
    I tipped the driver 20.00 each way.
    I am 43 lbs less in 4 months of surgery.
    Good luck!
  4. HeartsInNC
    HeartsInNC
    Thanks, ladies! If I had to guess it was going to be $10 each way. If I average your responses (TripAdvisor says drivers typically don't get tipped in MX) $10 would be about right. I definitely want him to be happy, but I'm not Miss Moneybags, either. Especially after this!

I'm more excited than nervous now, but that may change tomorrow. I will update as I go along... hopefully internet will work in my room.