Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

A Wanna Be!

1. LagunaLucy
    LagunaLucy
    I am not a foodie as you are but I love it and a good friend of mine is a Chef. It is a dream of mine to attend cooking school just as a hobby. My kitchen is my favorite room in the house and where I love to entertain. Tin cans, boxes and envelopes are forbidden across my threshold and whatever enters must be fresh as I am!

I am 1 week new to the website and I am waiting for my referral to go thru for my consultation. My Dr says my insurance will cover the sleeve so with any luck, it will be just a matter of time.

I am very curious tho as to how this whole new lifestyle will affect a 'foodie' such as yourself as well as a wannabe like me!
  2. ChefJenn74
    ChefJenn74
    Thanks for your response! Wasn't sure anyone would join this group but glad you found it! I have only been on this site about a week also and am planning on wls around mid august! I started today with the smaller meals-had to have a talk with myself as I was going through the kitchen this morning to not grab my usual chicken finger!! It is going to be a struggle so I am taking stages!

I am excited to learn new recipes! If you have any to share just add them!
  3. LagunaLucy
    LagunaLucy
    looking forward to the journey! yes, you may want to introduce protein shake recipes? ! ? !
  4. LinaC.
    LinaC.
    Hi ChefJen, I love to cook and bake too. It really is a gift and a curse! I have not been sleeved yet but this weighs heavily on my conscience. I do all the cooking in my household. I hope to still be able to cook for family and friends as it truly brings me happiness when people enjoy my food.
  5. ChefJenn74
    ChefJenn74
    I know what you mean Lina, of course I just moved home to be closer to my family and we are always getting together for food and what can I bring is usually top on the list of questions. Guess they aren't going to be to happy with protein shakes and liquids for about 6 weeks..lol