Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

ER Nurse here, just sayin hello!

1. IamNotMyCurves
    IamNotMyCurves
    Hello fellow life savers! I am sleeved (3 weeks post op 4/22/13) and I went back after 2 weeks. I will say I felt great...that is until I hit wall at 2230 (I work nights). I would say to other RN's that work 12's and are having this surgery, take more time! They wont miss you!
  2. Jenniferkatie
    Jenniferkatie
    I am a Hospice nurse so am on the road all day...or in front of the computer charting I'm hoping 2 weeks will be enough...i don't do any heavy lifting (besides the bag with all my goodies and laptop )...hoping i can just take my charting back home instead of hanging in the office, to relax more...but then again, kids and hubby are home and will take way more time...hummmm
  3. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    Hello ER RN,

Keep up the protein, exercise, and make sure you get sleep. I know you know this, but sometimes we need to remind ourselves. You are in a journey of your life and will be glad you've made your decision. Keep us posted!
  4. musicmom
    musicmom
    I too, am a hospice RN. I am now 8 1/2 months out. The best advise as far as going back to work is to be sure you don't over do it. especially during the first few weeks. You know how it is trying to find a moment for yourself during your shift. Lifting is definitely out for awhile, and you know how it is if you work nights, trying to get sleep is sometimes a challenge. Again as AngelNP said.. protein, exercise, water intake, and sleep... It's not easy, but it is so worth it to take care of yourself first and foremost! Good luck to you as you are beginning this incredible journey!