Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Constipation

1. Issygal
    Issygal
    Hey everyone! I had surgery 3/21 and I have had issues with constipation since. I realize I'm not putting as much food into my body so there will be less output but I'm lucky to have a movement once a week. I have tried several different stool softeners and laxatives. Either they don't work or I spend an entire day in the bathroom. There has to be a happy medium in there somewhere. Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. judge52
    judge52
    I heard that ex lax strips will help with the constipation issues
  3. Beachtammy
    Beachtammy
    I was told by doctors nurse to eat a teaspoon of baby food prunes. It helps me.
  4. patsy
    patsy
    I had surgery the 25th
    also having problems getting "regular"
    and the too hard or too soft
    trying to have oatmeal and beans as part of the diet
    and pushing to get enough water water tea broth etc
  5. Frana
    Frana
    more liquids and regular walks will help ...
    had some problem in the first two weeks but no problem after that ...
  6. AnnieT
    AnnieT
    My physician recommends over the counter colace. It pulls water into the bowel to prevent the stool from being hard so when you go--it is easier and it prevents impaction. It doesn't MAKE you go. 2-4 100 mg tablets a day seems to work for me.
  7. jerri2913
    jerri2913
    I tried the liquid stool softener they prescribed for me at the hospital. Yuk. Yuk Yuk....the worst tasting stuff I have ever hard!
    I think I would rather crush my Senekot S than EVER take that liquid again.
  8. dawnrachel
    dawnrachel
    I've been taking 2 Dulcolax caps daily. Still only go about once per week.
  9. SweetCapricorn
    SweetCapricorn
    Is this a normal issue with this surgery or just some ppl have this issue after?
  10. calliegirl
    calliegirl
    Try a product called "super cleanse" it is made by Nature's Secret. You can buy at Whole Foods or some drug stores carry it. I had the same problem and now I take three of these tablets each day (I know, it's hard to add more pills to take but definitely worth it) and I now I go every day or at least every other day depending on what I eat. The product is safe and my doctor says this is a common issue after weight loss surgery and even with certain other medications you may take.