Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Medications while in the hospital

1. happyhabit
    happyhabit
    Im very curious on the medications that are used while in the hospital. I know what I will be sent home with but what kind of anti-biotic is given during your stay? What pain management medication? Epidural given?
  2. PlatinumPink
    PlatinumPink
    Hi

I received an epidural. I am not sure what else I received because I slept a lot, but I was not in any pain.
  3. happyhabit
    happyhabit
    Thank you. Im a bit concerned about having an epideral. I had one 19 years ago when I gave birth and have had back problems ever since.
  4. imtad
    imtad
    I don't know why you would have an epideral??? I was kept on IV for a couple of days and then went back on day 3 for one more bag of fluids (they left the part in my hand and disconnected the tube). I honestly don't know what kind of anti-biotics or pain med they were injecting into my IV feed. They also gave me a nausea med if I needed it. Funny thing with that is, it made me throw up every time they gave it to me but immediately after that I felt fine and it would hold me for several hours.
  5. fleiniebop1
    fleiniebop1
    Epidural?? I am not understanding that.. we are under right?? what would the need for that be.. with that it would be hard to get up right after and walk around i would think. would like to find out about that some more...
  6. DragonsLoard
    I was sleeved Jan 12, 2013 and I did not have a epidural!!! I was up and walking within 3 hrs. My anesthesia was administered in my IV.
  7. Godsfavor
    Godsfavor
    I just got sleeved wednesday n it is a spinal tap. Reason being ur recovery is faster n u walk almost immediately. U have the option to choose but really its the better choice and yes you are under.
  8. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    I never had one either. What the heck???