Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Happy Thursday November sleevers

1. luna
    luna
    Four day post op here! Still in some pain but taking it easy. I am lucky to be staying at my mom's til Saturday (husband and son are on their own). I am feeling very positive today and thought I would send a good morning message to all my fellow November sleevers.
    . .
  2. little5251
    little5251
    hey luna , I am stiff in the tummy area when I get up still. My first day back at work tomorrow .ugh, whaaaaa Don' want to go but, have no more time left. Tomorrow I am going to start on cream soups yeah!
  3. luna
    luna
    My tummy is still very sore also. I'm sorry you already have to go back to work. I am going to start working from home on Monday but my doc said take 3 weeks off. I realize now I probably could go to work if I needed to (I have a desk job), but I'm glad I am able to work from home for the next two weeks. Let me know how it goes at work ... do you get tired? How is your energy level lasting throughout the day? I am so happy to finally have yogurts and cream soups also!!! I am sending you good thoughts for your first day back little!!
  4. little5251
    little5251
    Luna~Thanks for the good thoughts . Well yesterday I felt like I was moving in slow motion. My upper back and neck is killing me. The gas should surely be gone by now but thats what it feels like. I just feel kinda draggy , Having trouble sleeping too. Hope you are not having any of these issues. Well I am off Monday so thats good .For Thansgiving I am going to have turkey neck soup. Just pop the in a crockpot and it will fall off the bones when it is done .It taste like thigh meat.I just use better than bouillion chicken base later gator
  5. KellyJ
    KellyJ
    Glad to hear you are both doing well! I get sleeved one week from today and am very nervous. So I was planning on returning to work after one week... is that really feasible? I am sure it would be better to take more time off but I really can't.
  6. little5251
    little5251
    Kelly you definitly should not lift anything , You will be tired but, it is not horrid I just felt like I was going in slow motion. lol
  7. KellyJ
    KellyJ
    Thanks for the advice! Hope you are doing okay back at work.
  8. luna
    luna
    Kelly, I agree with little, you should be able to go back to work. I think I could go to work now (which I am working but working from home) although it's nice that I am to work from home. Just relax as much as possible during the week that you are out from the surgery.

Little - the turkey neck soup sounds gooood!!! My husband is cooking for a few people and maybe I'll have him whip me up some soup also for my food.
  9. chubbybunny
    chubbybunny
    I don't have too much to complain about. I sailed through the procedure. I only spent 1 day in the hospital. Once I was home, I was off the pain meds within 2 days. (They made me itch and I was glad to be done with them. My doc just made me switch to Tylenol.) I am 2 1/2 weeks out and have lost 18 pounds, although the scale has not moved in 8 days .
    I am in this for the long run and refuse to be fat any longer. I feel fine, my wife says that I have more energy than prior to surgery. I am having difficulty getting motivated to exercise. It is not that I am in pain, or have low energy...I am just not motivated.
  10. jj6154
    jj6154
    One month today. Seems like it was longer than that. I have been doing good I only threw up once since the surgery and that was just yesterday. I am down 19 pounds but I really want it to be more. I have a foot injury and exercise has been slow but I am going to start doing more this week now that my foot is feeling better. Hope all of you are doing well. Happy New year to all of my fellow November sleevers