Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

1. jeanielan
    jeanielan
    Hi, I just joined this group. I'm 62 and getting sleeved on 5/6/13. Would love to have some friends in my age range who have had or are going be sleeved. Looks like there are a lot of members in this group so lets talk
  2. dawnrachel
    dawnrachel
    Hi Jeanielan, I am also a bit new. Just joined this month. My surgery is scheduled for 4/23 so it coming up very soon. You are not too far behind. Welcome to the group.
  3. SugarBear
    SugarBear
    Hi....I was sleeved on January 15th. It's been an interesting ride for me. I'm 64 with so many aches and pains and medical problems that I had to do something about my weight. The sleeve seems to be working very well for me. I've lost about 40 lbs so far, I can eat just about anything I want, in teeny tiny portions of course. And I feel pretty good!
    I'm very glad to see this forum alive. Everyone else seems so young!!
  4. pscarter
    pscarter
    Hi, I had my surgery Oct 7, 2012 and I'm 59 yrs old. I'm so glad I had the surgery and I even had some complications at the beginning. I've lost 72 lbs and I can't believe how good I feel. I'm a diabetic and have high blood pressure and I had been getting cortisone shots in my knees. Now I don't have any pain in my knees and I walk as often as I can, I'm off of my insulin and down to taking one pill a day for my diabetes. I used to wear a plus size 22 cloths and now I'm down to a size 10. I don't even remember when I was able to wear a size 10. The weight loss has slowed down and I'm looking for encouragement to stay on my diet and eat healthy.
  5. Miss Jay
    Miss Jay
    Welcome Jeanielan!! I am 60 and has a date of May 30th in Mexico. Keep you a pad & pen handy because there is a wealth of knowledge on this site, it is so very interesting and helpful....Good Luck!!