Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

omg...advice

1. sleeve326
    sleeve326
    i really want some hummus. is it too early?
  2. drisner
    drisner
    Depends upon your surgeon, but I would say yes. Not until puréed foods at 2 weeks out, and even then, you have to be careful because there are a lot of carbs in hummus and you don't know how your stomach will handle it.
  3. sleeve326
    sleeve326
    thanks so much...i was just thinking about the protein value....i will wait...i am patient.
  4. Froo72
    Froo72
    I've always loved the homemade hummus at the Greek restaurant in our town, but I haven't been there since before my sleeve. I decided to try the commercially prepared kind and bought some for the first time yesterday. I was really surprised when I read the label that hummus is always touted as some protein powerhouse when it doesn't really have that much protein in it per serving, and having twice the carbohydrates as protein kind of outweighs the protein that it does have. A cup has anywhere from 12 to 19 grams of protein depending on preparation which sounds like a lot, but who eats an entire cup before surgery much less after? I can only eat a couple of tablespoons which at 1 to 2 grams of protein per tablespoon it isn't that much protein. I eat it anyhow, because it's so dang delicious lol, but I was disappointed because I've heard so much hoopla about the protein in it.
  5. Missmom57
    Missmom57
    Good to know this, thanks