Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Old Habits Die Hard

1. terbear1967
    terbear1967
    Sleeved 5/21/2012. Have lost 61 lbs.; 15 more to go. Not sure that will ever happen. I am 5'3, everyone says I look great. I feel like sh^t inside. The first 3 months I followed rules 95%, then I tapered off and was doing my own thing. Over the course of the year, my old eating habits have returned and with a vengeance. I am beyond frightened, worried and feel like a loser. I am an over-eater and mostly eat due to boredom and worry. I drink beer as well. I know it is to escape, not to mention that I really do enjoy the taste. I don't drink soda. I don't eat bags of Dorritos; 1/2 of ice cream; bags of cookies or candy. I eat the savory foods. Lately, I eat and eat and eat; especially while laying in bed. Will not bore with details, but husband and I are going through some life-changing events. I know this is why I am over-eating. I play with 5 pounds. Sometimes I am 143, sometimes I am 148. My goal is 130 although everything says I will look sick. I do not agree, as I wear a size 10 and have a big stomach. That's where I carry my weight, even when I was slim/normal/average. Also, I have not exercised. I don't sit on my ass all day either, but with the issues that have come into our lives since Nov. '12, I have started laying in bed whenever possible, watching TV, drinking a beer, or two or three, and then at night, I eat and eat and eat. More than anything right now, I am venting. I know what needs to be done, truly I do. I am so freaking afraid that I've stretched out my stomach, it makes me sick to my stomach. My husband and I paid for this out of pocket $14,000. We make payments every month for our loan. My husband did this for me because I was tired of being short and fat and heading towards being an even more unhealthy person as it relates to my mental issues, and physiological and physical ailments. I knew getting the sleeve was a tool and that I was going to have to watch what I ate, but I also thought it was going to at least lessen the amount of overeating that I did. It's not. Also, I thought we were not supposed to feel those "hunger pains" any longer. I get them all the time when I'm hungry. I feel sad and lonely, and disgusted with myself and am so freaking worried that I have destroyed all that I have gain this past year, meaning stretching out my sleeve. I can NEVER, EVER get a definite answer on whether or not this truly happens with a gastric sleeve. I always get "it could happen." Okay, but HOW and WHEN? And how will I know? For the record, I feel extremely uncomfortable with my doctor because I did not follow his regime, and somehow that has made me feel embarrassed. Again, I'm just venting here. Thanks.